Fri15Apr2016 - LONDON - March With The Homeless

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sat Apr 9 01:44:06 BST 2016

#MarchWithTheHomeless 15-4-16

http://streetskitchen.co.uk/marchforthehomeless-15-4-15/

----------

This will be a  protest/rally with a carnival
atmosphere in Central London, gathering near
Downing Street for 6pm, over the treatment of
homeless people in the UK/Ireland and beyond..

‘
‘
Amongst the many actions planned across London on
the day being held by various housing/homeless
groups there will be a central meeting point
gathering at Whitehall at 6 p.m. 15-4-15

  <http://streetskitchen.co.uk/marchforthehomeless-15-4-15/https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Whitehall,+London+SW1A/@51.5049822,-0.1266065,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x487604cf8393b3e1:0xcfc7fc3df5b42fbd?hl=en>MAP
‘
march homeless
  7

.
We also will be holding a Homeless Voter
registration drive i n association with Unite the
Union from 4pm to give disenfranchised people an
opportunity  to use their voice if they so wish via the electoral system

tt
This is a new growing solidarity protest/action
that will be held in many Cities and towns across
the World on the same day by activists and groups
concerned with our streets on 15th April
.
‘
We encourage people to stand in solidarity with
our streets as well bring along items that may be
of use to those who find themselves homeless or
in need to our Streets Kitchen, where a number of
groups will also be serving food and distributing
essential items to our homeless communities from 6 pm

-
There will be speakers from groups directly
involved in the fight against homelessness as
well as those homeless
 Live entertainment
 Samba
bands
. Spoken Word
 #EmptyBeds exhibition
 much more to be announced

.
Most importantly we need you
. Spread the word
..
Make noise
 Bring banners
   Make your voice heard!!
.

#NoMoreDeathsOnOurStreets

Many of those calling this action are involved on
a daily basis with our streets and we encourage
people to support these grassroots groups by
getting involved in their ongoing attempts to
assist those in need. We aim  to build and hold
the biggest homeless protest and gathering held
in London whilst increasing our vital street support networks
.
.
For example we have had spikes put in where
homeless people take shelter in London. The
police and local councils have removed sleeping
gear and food donated by public in order to
discourage homelessness and rough sleeping in
London. In a number of boroughs it is now even
illegal to commit the heinous crime of rough
sleeping under Operation Encompass enforced by
the MET Police and various local councils.
.
People need support from society not being kicked
when they are down. They are being killed by the
cold and indifference, and are running out of
places to turn to as austerity hits services they use
.
‘
We will come together to say enough is
enough
There is no reason in this society for
people not to be able access adequate housing,
food or good health other than a lack of political will and sufficient funding.

‘
We call  on all individuals and groups to support
our homeless communities wherever they may be, however they can
.
-
#NoMoreDeathsOnOurStreets