03 Dec - LONDON - Free places on Design for Social Change workshop

Stir To Action tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sat Nov 26 21:52:15 GMT 2016

3 Free Places on our Design for Social Change workshop /  December 3rd

What role can design play in social change and
environmental justice? This day long workshop
will offer a space for discussing theories and
sharing principles and tactics that help ensure
our work can be most creative, engaging and effective.

If you'd like to join us and
<http://stirtoaction.us13.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=ecb0f7a613961bd4463e0c67e&id=d230efdd41&e=762e2c1fcf>T<http://stirtoaction.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ecb0f7a613961bd4463e0c67e&id=1aed75fc85&e=762e2c1fcf>ransition
by Design, send 100 words on how this workshop
will support your current campaigning and
activism to workshops at stirtoaction.com.

<http://stirtoaction.us13.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=ecb0f7a613961bd4463e0c67e&id=211ce21ea1&e=762e2c1fcf>More
info:

Programme

The Day will consist of five sessions:

— Design like you give a damn: Design as
creative problem-solving offers many potential
solutions for the social and ecological
challenges we currently face. We'll explore a
value-led design approach that can be a means for
challenging power structures and facilitating
greater social and environmental justice.

— Embedding or designing at the edge: Shedding
the designer-client or professional-layperson
binaries and drawing on the knowledge and experiences of everyone.

— Reflective Practice: We start with our theory
of how change happens. Then we take action based
on our theory. Then we take a step back and
reflect on how the action went, which re-shapes our theory.

— Case Study Focus: As a case study this
session will focus on T/D’s work with
community-led approaches to permanently affordable housing.

— Stage Zero For Your Project: A session to
apply the theories, principles and tactics of the
proceeding sessions to relevant projects.

Location: CAN Mezzanine, 7-14 Great Dover St, London SE1 4YR

<http://stirtoaction.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ecb0f7a613961bd4463e0c67e&id=a3ae645d53&e=762e2c1fcf>
[]

<http://stirtoaction.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ecb0f7a613961bd4463e0c67e&id=a2c33144f0&e=762e2c1fcf>
[]

<http://stirtoaction.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ecb0f7a613961bd4463e0c67e&id=69306811ff&e=762e2c1fcf>
[]

Copyright © 2016 Stir To Action LTD, All rights reserved.
For Information and about Stir To Action's upcoming events and publications.

Our mailing address is:
Stir To Action LTD
Studio 5 St.Michael's Studios
St.Michael's LAne