Nov 12/13th LONDON Land for What? - weekend of conversations

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Thu Oct 6 22:43:08 BST 2016

>Here's an opportunity to take part in a
>participatory weekend of learning, thinking and
>planning practical action around land rights,
>ownership and usage, and how this connects to
>housing, food, health, nature and community:
>

>Land for What?
>

>Our aims:
>Engaging people with a 21st Century land debate
>Creating space for collaboration
>Catalysing future activities and thinking about possible structures for these
>A weekend of conversations about land hosted by
><http://cfgn.org.uk/>Community Food Growers
>Network, <http://justspace.org.uk/>Just Space,
><http://landworkersalliance.org.uk/>Landworkers’
>Alliance, <https://www.quaker.org.uk/>London
>Quaker Housing,
><http://www.neweconomics.org/>New Economics
>Foundation,
><http://radicalhousingnetwork.org/>Radical
>Housing Network,
><http://www.sharedassets.org.uk/>Shared Assets,
><http://lcnc.org.uk/>London Community
>Neighbourhood Co-operative,
><http://threeacresandacow.co.uk/>Three Acres And
>A Cow and <https://ubeleinitiative.wordpress.com/>Ubele
>
>Resource For London, Holloway, London
>November 12th – 13th 2016
>eventbrite -
><https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/land-for-what-tickets-28307396184>https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/land-for-what-tickets-28307396184
>
>website - <http://landforwhat.org.uk/>http://landforwhat.org.uk/
>
>Statement of Intent
>
>Driving Change Through Collaboration
>
>In short, the status quo benefits the few at the
>expense of the common good. So how do we address
>this imbalance? One answer is to support the
>coming together of all groups who have a stake
>in this fight, be that urban housing and
>planning advocates, rural land and farming
>communities, health campaigners or climate change activists.
>
>What sort of conversations would residents of a
>council estate up for redevelopment have with a
>young farmer? What common ground would be found
>between people campaigning for less sugar in our
>diets and people campaigning to reduce the
>negative environmental impacts of farming? What
>can an urban planning expert learn from people
>campaigning to protect our public footpaths in
>areas of natural beauty, and vice-versa.
>
>Finding Common Issues
>
>These groups, and indeed the population as a
>whole, share a common issue – that land is not
>being used for the common good. They also share
>potential campaign targets – the planning
>system, land-based subsidies, and transparency
>and distribution of ownership, to name just a few.
>
>Who knows what else they share? Up to now there
>has been little overlap between these groups,
>and almost no focus on land as a common issue.
>Framing our struggles in terms of land rights,
>ownership and usage, will allow us to find much
>in common with a wide range of people.
>
>Building A Movement
>
>On November 12th – 13th a coalition of activist
> [...]
www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.l911t.com
www.v911t.org

www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6