Last chance to book for Breaking the Frame summer meet 26-28 Aug

Breaking The Frame tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sat Aug 12 13:55:56 BST 2017

Last chance to book for Breaking the Frame summer get-together 26-28 August

On the weekend of 26th to 28th August Breaking
the Frame is holding a 'get together'/holiday at
a small venue in the village of Drefach (1 hour
from Camarthen by bus) in mid-Wales, and we hope
you can be there.  Since we need to know numbers
for allocating beds, catering, etc, the last date for booking is August 21.

The venue is called Dolwion Mill, website is
<create-ahh.org.htm>create-ahh.org.uk.  The main
program will start on the morning of Saturday
26th, so most of us will be arriving on Friday.
There is no public transport from the village on
Sunday or the bank holiday Monday, so that day will be a full day of the event.

This event will be smaller (probably less than
30) and more informal than the BTF gatherings in
2014 and 2015: an opportunity to talk about and
organise around technology politics.  We expect
the programme be less packed and will depend on
what attendees offer, with more time for hanging
out/walking etc than previous BTF
gatherings.  The village boasts a couple of pubs.

The venue has about 10 bed and 9 mattress spaces,
plus camping space, and there is more space if
you bring your own mattress.  The owner insists
that people pay what they can afford for
accomodation ie. there is no fixed accomodation
rate. We will have to cover the cost of food
(£25/head) and to organise cooking ourselves, on a rota.

To book your place, go to
<http://breakingtheframe.org.uk/breaking-the-frame-summer-get-together-wales-26th-28th-august-2017/>http://breakingtheframe.org.uk/breaking-the-frame-summer-get-together-wales-26th-28th-august-2017/.
Please also think about whether there is a
workshop you'd like to offer and also whether you
can contribute to the entertainment.  If there is
a friend you'd like to bring, or someone you
think we should invite, please let us know.
Best wishes,

Dave King
On behalf of the BTF working group