Ramblinactivist 1/17: "Domestic Extremism" – A Great English Tradition!

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Thu Feb 16 13:40:14 GMT 2017

Ramblinactivist 1/17:
"Domestic Extremism" ­ A Great English Tradition!
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FhDKKNqiCc>

On a busy day in London, walking and riding the tube betweenÂ
meetings, I take you on a tour of England's historic traditionÂ
of 'domestic extremism'; its importance in shaping our countryÂ
as it is today, and why it has always been vehemently opposedÂ
by the English state.

Labels like 'domestic' or 'non-violent' extremism are a meansÂ
by which the state tries to avoid having a discussion on certainÂ
pressing issues ­ precisely because they threaten the competencyÂ
of the state and/or the manner in which it rules.

Enjoy!

P.

--Â

"We are not for names, nor men, nor titles of Government,Â
nor are we for this party nor against the other but we areÂ
for justice and mercy and truth and peace and true freedom,Â
that these may be exalted in our nation, and that goodness,Â
righteousness, meekness, temperance, peace and unity withÂ
God, and with one another, that these things may abound."Â
(Edward Burrough, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

Paul Mobbs, Mobbs' Environmental InvestigationsÂ
3 Grosvenor Road, Banbury OX16 5HN, EnglandÂ
tel./fax (+44/0)1295 261864

public key -- http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/public_key_2016.asc

Not sent from my mobile device -- I don't have one! ;-)