Thu03-Sun06 Aug CHEPSTOW Green Gathering Spring Advance Tickets end soon

Green Gathering tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Thu Jun 22 01:53:32 BST 2017

[]

<http://mailchi.mp/greengathering/spring-advance-tickets-end-soon?e=b9c2ef8b88>View
this email in your browser

At GG HQ...  the last Spring Advance Tickets are flying out!

We're keeping £95 'Spring Advance' tickets
available until the end of June. After that the
price will rise. Campervan passes may run out
soon too. So don't wait - buy your tickets now &
look forwards to a glorious Green Gathering!

Spring Advance Tickets £95 from
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=9543dcd38d&e=b9c2ef8b88>BRISTOL
TICKET SHOP

NAME OUR BAR COMPETITION!!

We've got a new bar this year, it'll be up on the
plateau in front of the atmospheric neoclassical
ruins of Piercefield House, just opposite
Soundscape Solar Stage. It'll be selling local
ales and ciders, organic wines, rum 'n' ginger -
it'll be a fine place to hang out listening to
bands - but we haven't got a name for it. What
shall we call our new bar? (See pics above & below for it's location.)

Email your ideas to news at greengathering.org.uk by
June 30th and we'll choose a name from your
suggestions. The person who suggests the winning
name will earn themselves a couple of lovely free
drinks at the bar bearing their name. (Ahem, no,
it's NOT going to be called 'Barry Mc-Barface'
like that ship nearly was when 'the public' were
called on to do some naming a wee while ago!)

SPEAKERS' FORUM LINE UP - announcements #2:

Joining Jamie Kelsey Fry (New Internationalist),
Tamasin Cave (Spinwatch), Molly Scott Cato (Green
MEP), David Osbiston and David Taylor... we'll have:
    * Karen Pike:
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=8259a67fd5&e=b9c2ef8b88>Mother
Nature, Mother Nurture.
    * Activist Paul Mobbs with his Protestagram.
    * Louise Somerville Williams on Fracking and Extreme Energy.
    * Shane Collins & Theo Simon: Nuclear at Hinkley, a deal not done.
    * Disability Rights with Mary Ellen Archer.
    * Donnachadh McCarthy: The Prostitute State v. Climate Action.
    * Bicycles in the UK & on tour with Crispin Cooper & Tandemonium.
    * Simon Fairlie (The Land): a Post-Brexit Rural Manifesto.
Plus lots more tbc - to make you think, debate & question what you know!

CRAFTS at The Green Gathering

An amazing opportunity to learn traditional
skills! We'll have over 30 beautiful, independent
workshop spaces at GG this year, including:

Green wood-working; bee-craft; mattress making;
spinning, weaving and dying; pottery;
blacksmithing; jewellery-making; leatherwork;
upcycling; thatching; stone carving; basketry;
tool-repair; coin-cutting; spoon carving... and more.

Free sessions for all ages in the Craft Office &
The Classroom - funded by the Green Gathering Charity - will include:
    * Black Cat – Leather Rainbow Flowers
    * Wanderlust Jewellery  – Macrame Jewellery
    * Hot Press – Mono-printing with leaves and feathers
    * Chris Perkins – Tool Sharpening
    * Earth Jewellery Creations – Jewellery
making using naatural and upcycled materials
    * Lucy Stockton-Smith  – Bookbinding
    * K-Cycle – Upcycled bike flowers, tetra-pak
walletss and milk bottle badges
    * In Two Infinity – Sacred Geometry

The Craft area will host site art by Roadside
Recycling and Ian Freemantle; plants and décor
by Molly Mason for 'The Garden that Deedun' and
Symbiant Events; Fire Table by Mark Evans; Fun &
Games by TreeMenders; and by popular demand,
another Kate Bush Flashmob by Labyrinth Arts –
see info tent for where and when.

PERMACULTURE KIDS

Calling all families... Your whole festival need
not to be spent in our dedicated Kids' Garden
(<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=1d078d8898&e=b9c2ef8b88>see
May news), fantastic though it will be! There's
heaps for big and little kids all over the
festival site, including in our Permaculture Zone.

Permaculture Freeplay Tent: hang out, paint, do
lego or just watch your kids play with new friends (afternoons).

Permaculture Babies Yurt: meet the Connecta-Baby
crew, borrow a sling from their sling library,
enjoy a quiet space for breastfeeding.

Forest School: join us for scavenger hunts; get
creative with clay, willow and hazel; visit and
learn with the permaculture chickens.

Pot Luck Supper: bring your own supper; followed
by hot chocolate & marshmallows, stories & music (every evening)

EXHIBITION OF RESISTANCE

Thanks to
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=0acb85b9c6&e=b9c2ef8b88>SUMA
Wholefoods - a workers' co-operative celebrating
its 40th anniversary this year - for funds
towards DIY archive project and travelling
exhibition Resistance! - 25 years of UK
grassroots movements for social change which our
Campaigns Field will be hosting this year.

Resistance! aims to foster a public archive of a
vibrant protest culture in the UK; it's a
documenting of history by the people who made
that history. It is an organically evolving
archive that aims to span 25 years of movements
for social change, from the 1990s road and animal
rights protests to squatting and housing, from
domestic violence and disability rights to LGBTQI
and feminism, from anti-war and anti-racism to
anti-capitalism and climate justice
 creeating a
rare chance to see printed materials, artwork,
photos, videos and disobedient objects from a
whole host of protest movements, all under one roof!

AND NOT FORGETTING THE MUSIC...

... or the Campaigns Field, Co-operators' Camp,
Healing Circle, Faerie Glade, Tipi Circle, Green
Markets, Hill Village, Raconteurs' Delight and all...

To find out more about these and everything Green
Gathering, keep checking our website for updates:
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=88b7679110&e=b9c2ef8b88>www.greengathering.org.uk

Remember - if you fancy arriving at the Greenest
festival in the land on two wheels, contact
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=db51c9f644&e=b9c2ef8b88>Tandemonium
who are offering to share their journey from
Bristol train station to The Green Gathering with
you.
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=4bc8e97916&e=b9c2ef8b88>Camplight
is offering discounts on reclaimed, pre-pitched
tents to folks who sign up to cycle! Find out
more (and check out the cyclists' goodie bag
offer)
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=6469ad3d4b&e=b9c2ef8b88>here
on our website.

Spring Advance Tickets UNTIL JUNE 30th ONLY
£95 from
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=2f08ed4486&e=b9c2ef8b88>BRISTOL
TICKET SHOP

See you in the fields...

----------

The Green Gathering is a festival and an
education, an interactive showcase of renewable
energy and off grid solutions... all powered by wind, sun and people.

There's live music, acoustic sessions, poetry
slams, comedy, dance, storytelling, interactive
art, kids and teens activities, ancient wisdom
and crafts, permaculture, traditional healing,
campaign stalls, and 100s of practical
skillshares geared to sustainable futures.
The Green Gathering has a history entwined with
the Green and Peace movements, Glastonbury
Festival, Stonehenge and Climate Camp. The
original solar-powered festival has been through
ups and downs, grown big, been busted, and gone
back to its roots...
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=c3d33f49e6&e=b9c2ef8b88>Past
&
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=c3d33f49e6&e=b9c2ef8b88>Future

The festival is produced by a Community Interest
Company, and commissioned by the Green Gathering
Charity which aims to keep the spirit of the
Gatherings true, while educating for
sustainability and  empowering us to create a
better future.
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=d300a101f5&e=b9c2ef8b88>The
GG Charity

----------

----------

Authentically uncommercial and family friendly,
our aim is to turn people on to low impact living.

GG is a festival beyond hedonism, for people who
love the earth enough to want to celebrate it,
and save it. It's a place to party - then wake up and put the world to rights!

<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=92538bc413&e=b9c2ef8b88>www.greengathering.org.uk

We still need a few more crew...
If you'd like to get involved behind the scenes
at GG 2017, please have a look at the
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=141261fdc6&e=b9c2ef8b88>info
& how to apply on our website.

To join our lovely traffic team, email traffic at greengathering.org.uk

Applications for Traders, Artists & Craftsfolk are now closed.

----------

----------

We’ve teamed up with some fabulous makers of
authentic dwellings – Tipis and Bell Tents (Yurts
have all gone, sorry!) – annd with Camplight who
upcycle abandoned tents and camping gear to hire
out. If you’d like to hire a shelter,
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=68b7058cb3&e=b9c2ef8b88>look
here.

----------

----------

<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=a0f73dde3b&e=b9c2ef8b88>GOOD
ENERGY and
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=ac9f3be279&e=b9c2ef8b88>ECOTRICITY
have each offered to donate to The Green
Gathering if you switch to their renewably
sourced power provision - at no extra cost to you. Go Green! Cheers

----------

   Love the planet, share the fuel, find
like-minds:
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=410ec2a02e&e=b9c2ef8b88>GoCarShare

----------

We'd also like to bring to your attention this
fantastic resource from STIR To Action mag:
<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=ed8f429964&e=b9c2ef8b88>The
Community Toolbox is just £2.95 from the STIR
online shop; it's packed with ideas and
blueprints for building community, growing local
economies and sharing resources.

----------

Spring Tickets £95
Children 0-10yrs FREE
Youth (11-15) £55
Young Adult (16-17) £75

<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=b7064528f5&e=b9c2ef8b88>TICKET
SHOP

<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=c9685407e5&e=b9c2ef8b88>
[]

<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=54e4dd1c12&e=b9c2ef8b88>
[]

<http://greengathering.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=07da573fe82332bc649b26e85&id=6a99a373c8&e=b9c2ef8b88>
[]

Copyright © 2017 Optimistic Trout Productions All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
news at greengathering.org.uk