Sun07Apr Leslie Barson 370th anniversary Diggers walk

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Thu Mar 28 21:51:18 GMT 2019

Dear Friends
I am organsing a walk on
Sunday 7th April to commemorate the 370th anniversary

Meet Oxshott station at 11am
https://www.thetrainline.com/stations/oxshott
Finish about 1.30 pm near Cobham and Stoke d'Abernon station
[Notice this is a train station one stop further
from Waterloo than Oxshott so you will need a return ticket from here]
We can have a drink at The Old Plough hopefully
at the end.. They have food too. I have booked for 10 in their barn

The walk will be onto Little Heath where the Diggers moved after they left
St George's Hill. It is quite an accessible walk with no trespassing.
Stout shoes and possible mud if there has been any rain.

I hope we will have a knowledgeable person about the Diggers with us
who will tell us about their history at various stops. on the way.
We ask for a £5 donation for him towards his travel costs.

I am plan to bring some song sheets with a few Diggers songs.....
Please bring any songs poems etc you would like to share
And any food water you need during the walk
At the end some may go to St George's Hill,
Weybridge, for a walk but we can decide that on the day.,
Its a little bit of a way about 2 miles so cars
or cabs would be needed or good lungs!
let me know if you are coming so we can wait for you

Best wishes
Leslie
07952 616 352