Fwd: Homes for All Campaign bulletin - next meeting 14th March, 11am - 1pm at SOAS (note new venue)

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Wed Mar 11 08:36:02 GMT 2020

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Homes for All Campaign bulletin - next meeting 14th March,
11am - 1pm at SOAS (note new venue)
Date: 	Fri, 06 Mar 2020 18:37:01 +0000
From: 	Axe The Housing Act <info at axethehousingact.org.uk>

Hello,

Our updated Charter for Housing Action is now ready for you to put to
good use.  Hard copies will be available at the next meeting (details
below) or you can print your own from the attachment:

Can you ask your MP and councillors, trade unions and local groups, to
sign up in support?  And get in touch if you want help organising a
meeting locally (like the people in Milton Keynes did in the photo
attached).

The All Party Parliamentary Council Housing Group met earlier this week
with a broad mix of new and old MPs. They aim to develop powerful
cross-party pressure for more council housing. Many agreed to speak at
local campaign meetings.

And Shelter have launched their London campaign, calling on the next
mayor to strengthen policies for 'social rent delivery' and to end the
conflation of so-called Affordable and London Living Rent.  Shelter call
on local councils to step up policies to build homes for social rent in
their Local Plans. And they call for Government investment in more homes
for social rent. Link below to a summary and the full report:

https://england.shelter.org.uk/professional_resources/policy_and_research/policy_library/policy_library_folder/report_a_capital_in_crisis

We are working with young teachers, nurses and other unions and
campaigns to heighten focus on housing in the May local elections. Can
you help organise a meeting or leafletting during April?

SHAC has asked us to share the following, more about the dangers of
housing associations:

https://shaction.org/news-blog/sanctuary-tenant-fears-asbestos-exposure/

Come along to our next meeting on 14 March 11am at the School of African
and Asian Studies (SOAS), 10 Thornhaugh St, Bloomsbury, London WC1H 0XG
(note new meeting place - call 07432 098440 if you can't find it - the
nearest tube station is Russell Square).

Also later on 14th we will join the monthly Grenfell march and other
local events marking the ongoing injustice at Grenfell.

And on 21 March we will march with other housing campaigns on the UN
World Anti Racism Day- meeting from 12 noon, opposite the BBC in Langham
Street, London, W1A 1AA (behind the big church) and see here for
transport: https://www.standuptoracism.org.uk

axethehousingact.org.uk

--
 From South America, where payment must be made with subtlety, the Bormann organization has made a substantial contribution. It has drawn many of the brightest Jewish businessmen into a participatory role in the development of many of its corporations, and many of these Jews share their prosperity most generously with Israel. If their proposals are sound, they are even provided with a specially dispensed venture capital fund. I spoke with one Jewish businessmen in Hartford, Connecticut. He had arrived there quite unknown several years before our conversation, but with Bormann money as his leverage. Today he is more than a millionaire, a quiet leader in the community with a certain share of his profits earmarked as always for his venture capital benefactors. This has taken place in many other instances across America and demonstrates how Bormann’s people operate in the contemporary commercial world, in contrast to the fanciful nonsense with which Nazis are described in so much “literature.”

So much emphasis is placed on select Jewish participation in Bormann companies that when Adolf Eichmann was seized and taken to Tel Aviv to stand trial, it produced a shock wave in the Jewish and German communities of Buenos Aires. Jewish leaders informed the Israeli authorities in no uncertain terms that this must never happen again because a repetition would permanently rupture relations with the Germans of Latin America, as well as with the Bormann organization, and cut off the flow of Jewish money to Israel. It never happened again, and the pursuit of Bormann quieted down at the request of these Jewish leaders. He is residing in an Argentinian safe haven, protected by the most efficient German infrastructure in history as well as by all those whose prosperity depends on his well-being.
http ://spitfirelist.com/books/martin-bormann-nazi-in-exile/