[Diggers350] Protests begin! ‘Horrified’, ‘a catastrophe’, inconceivable’. Dartmoor wild camping judgement ‘a huge step backward’

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Wed Jan 18 00:31:11 GMT 2023

The Right to Roam campaign launching “a ferocious
campaign to fight for our right to sleep under
the stars” and called for people to join a march
on Mr Darwall’s land later this month.

Dartmoor wild camping ruling ‘huge step backward’

https://tlio.org.uk/horrified-a-catastrophe-inconceivable-dartmoor-wild-camping-judgement-a-huge-step-backward/

BBC: Decision To Ban Wild Camping on Dartmoor a
'Catastrophe' says Headmaster. Landowner: 'Inconceivable'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aod1liDDrlg

Farmers Alexander and Diana Darwall brought a
successful legal challenge over wild camping.

<https://www.independent.co.uk/author/tom-pilgrim>Tom
Pilgrim - Friday 13 January 2023 16:40

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/dartmoor-high-court-alex-sobel-ramblers-labour-b2261746.html

Farmers Alexander and Diana Darwall brought a
successful legal challenge over wild camping (Ben Birchall/PA)

<https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/high-court>High
Court ruling that people do not have a right to
wild camp in
<https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/dartmoor>Dartmoor
National Park without landowners’ permission has
been called a “huge step backward”, as
disappointed campaigners vowed to “go to war” and challenge the decision.

Farmers Alexander and Diana Darwall brought a
successful legal challenge over wild camping,
claiming some campers cause problems to livestock and the environment.

Mr and Mrs Darwall, who keep cattle on Stall
Moor, which forms part of their more-than
3,450-acre estate in the southern part of
Dartmoor, secured a finding from a judge that a
1985 law that regulates access to moorland does
not provide a right to wild camp.

The Dartmoor National Park Authority (DNPA),
which defended the High Court claim, said it was
“really disappointed” by Sir Julian Flaux’s
ruling and would be considering whether to appeal.

The
<https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/ramblers>Ramblers
Association, a walking charity now known as the
Ramblers, tweeted: “This decision is a huge step
backward for the right of everyone to access nature.

It said it supported the “long-established
precedent” of wild camping on Dartmoor and said
it would fight to “defend our rights of access & overturn this result”.

The charity later said it was concerned the legal
case “could be the thin end of the wedge for
people’s rights to explore nature”.

“Access to nature helps everyone stay connected
to the environment and passionate about
protecting it for future generations,” it added.

The Right to Roam campaign tweeted that the
judge’s ruling was “an absolute outrage” and that it now “goes to war”.

It said it was launching “a ferocious campaign to
fight for our right to sleep under the stars” and
called for people to join a march on Mr Darwall’s land later this month.

Emma Linford, an outdoor education professional
with 20 years experience, and part of The Stars
are for Everyone campaign, told the PA news
agency that she felt “rage about the rights of
privilege and entitlement of how one person can
remove such an important right for so many”.

Ms Linford, who has led skills training on
Dartmoor, added that “Wild camping is not an
occupation, it is transitory, it is recreation.
Recreation that connects, inspires, develops rounded human beings.”

The Dartmoor Preservation Association, an
independent organisation interested in the moor’s
ecology, said on Twitter that the judgment was “a
great let-down for all who love Dartmoor”.

It added: “This is just the latest in a
historical assault on public rights of access to
the countryside – at a time when we desperately
need more, not less time in nature.”

Also on Twitter, MP
<https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/alex-sobel>Alex
Sobel, Labour’s shadow minister for environment,
said: “Our National Parks should be open to all
and access to Dartmoor is integral to that.

“<https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/labour>Labour
will expand the right to roam as part of our programme for Government.

“Our natural spaces are here for us all to share
for biodiversity, wellbeing and equity.”

Ruth Marvel, chief executive of The Duke of
Edinburgh’s Award scheme, said: “We are extremely
disappointed by today’s decision.

“This generation of young people are grappling
with the aftershocks of a devastating pandemic
and a once-in-a-lifetime cost-of-living crisis,
which are taking a harmful toll on their mental health.

“Now is the time to protect and extend their
right to explore the great outdoors and get off
the beaten track, with all the vital mental and
physical benefits that brings, not limit it further.

She said the scheme was liaising with the DNPA
and hoped to “ensure that young people who
explore our countryside for their DofE won’t lose
out on the unique thrill of solitude,
independence and adventure that wild camping brings”.

NB please reply with any unsubscribe request in
the email body, leaving the subject line intact,
if you do not wish to recieve further emails - thanks
https://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry/videos

"And I think, in the end, that is the best
definition of journalism I have heard; to
challenge authority - all authority - especially
so when governments and politicians take us to
war, when they have decided that they will kill
and others will die. " --Robert Fisk
'Capitalism is institutionalised bribery' TG

Download, donation only, Tony's three watermarked
books http://www.bilderberg.org - My books https://payhip.com/TonyGosling
Or buy Tony's three ebooks for £10-£15 here
https://payhip.com/TonyGosling or paperback here
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254963338161

'From South America, where payment must be made
with subtlety, the Bormann organization has made
a substantial contribution. It has drawn many of
the brightest Jewish businessmen into a
participatory role in the development of many of
its corporations, and many of these Jews share
their prosperity most generously with Israel. If
their proposals are sound, they are even provided
with a specially dispensed venture capital fund.
I spoke with one Jewish businessmen in Hartford,
Connecticut. He had arrived there quite unknown
several years before our conversation, but with
Bormann money as his leverage. Today he is more
than a millionaire, a quiet leader in the
community with a certain share of his profits
earmarked as always for his venture capital
benefactors. This has taken place in many other
instances across America and demonstrates how
Bormann’s people operate in the contemporary
commercial world, in contrast to the fanciful
nonsense with which Nazis are described in so much “literature.”

So much emphasis is placed on select Jewish
participation in Bormann companies that when
Adolf Eichmann was seized and taken to Tel Aviv
to stand trial, it produced a shock wave in the
Jewish and German communities of Buenos Aires.
Jewish leaders informed the Israeli authorities
in no uncertain terms that this must never happen
again because a repetition would permanently
rupture relations with the Germans of Latin
America, as well as with the Bormann
organization, and cut off the flow of Jewish
money to Israel. It never happened again, and the
pursuit of Bormann quieted down at the request of
these Jewish leaders. He is residing in an
Argentinian safe haven, protected by the most
efficient German infrastructure in history as
well as by all those whose prosperity depends on his well-being.'
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fspitfirelist.com%2Fbooks%2Fmartin-bormann-nazi-in-exile%2F&h=eAQErj17O>http<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fspitfirelist.com%2Fbooks%2Fmartin-bormann-nazi-in-exile%2F&h=eAQErj17O>://spitfirelist.com/books/martin-bormann-nazi-in-exile/

http://www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://www.thisweek.org.uk
http://www.911forum.org.uk
http://www.bilderberg.org