[Diggers350] Farms Not Factories job ad. Communications & Outreach Officer

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sat Sep 23 18:06:53 BST 2023

>>Campaigns & Outreach Manager
>>
>>We are looking for a part-time, competent and
>>motivated outreach manager to join our small
>>team committed to changing consumer choices to
>>make factory farming a thing of the past and to
>>expose the pseudo consensus in the mainstream
>>news narrative that is ushering in an
>>increasingly corporate controlled centralised
>>food system at the expense independent farmers and food sovereignty.
>>
>><https://farmsnotfactories.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=62434df9a66146b4fb4f8b14e&id=b74af03648&e=7cc0ee50ad>Job
>>description
>>
>>Email
>><https://farmsnotfactories.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=62434df9a66146b4fb4f8b14e&id=9f4c5c40b6&e=7cc0ee50ad>tracy at tracyworcester.org.uk
>>for further details.

Communications & Outreach Officer at Farms Not Factories
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vspf-cjJXZzgSOKJPgBhwcGgopOe6uAZkVsE9_YrCnI

We are looking for a part-time, competent and
motivated Communications & Outreach Officerto
join our small team committed to changing
consumer choices to make factory farming a thing
of the past and to expose the wider tyranny on
the environment, our health and animals.

The Farms Not Factories campaign was founded to
inform consumers of the true costs of factory
pork and how we can all help bring an end to this
dangerous, inhumane system by only buying pork
from high welfare farms that allow the animals to
express natural behavior. In recent years, the
work of Farms Not Factories has broadened to also
campaigning about the importance of small scale
food systems and the threats of GM, corporate land grabs and much more.

Location: Remote

Hours: 8–16 hours per week, 1-2 days per week.

Salary: £13 p/hr (or more, dependent on experience)

Duration: Permanent

The new Campaigns & Outreach Officer will:
    * Plan and create organic content, edit,
update and monitor social media channels
(Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
    * Develop a social media strategy, to ensure a coordinated approach
    * Monitor news, share accordingly on social
media channels and with the team for the FNF monthly newsletter
    * Respond to queries received on social media
    * Report on social media activity, using
social insights/analytics and using data to to
analyse campaign results and continuously optimise performance
    * Seek out opportunities for engagement and
to engage with high-profile social media accounts for increased engagement
    * Promote campaigns through press release sendouts
    * Support the Director's social media
activity and engagement, posting on their behalf when necessary

The successful candidate will be employed part-time on a freelance basis.

Person specification
    * Experience of communications and using
social media in an professional context
    * Strong written and verbal communication
skills, varied writing abilities Experience working as a part of a small team
    * Flexibility and willingness to occasionally
work outside of normal office hours
    * A commitment and enthusiasm to work towards Farms Not Factories’ vision
    * Knowledge of food and farming sovereignty movement

Your work will enable us to bring our message and
expertise to a larger audience and create
behaviour change that is vital to fixing the global food system.

To apply for this role, please email
info at farmsnotfactories.org with your CV and a
cover letter explaining how you meet the person
specification with reference to the role description (one page maximum).

Deadline for applications is midnight Monday 9 October.

Email; Tracy Worcester (Director) at
tracy at tracyworcester.org.uk for further details.

Diggers350 - an e-mail
discussion/information-share list for campaigners
in THE LAND IS OURS landrights network based in
the UK http://www.tlio.org.uk
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Land-Is-Ours-a-landrights-campaign-for-Britain/125281497524632
The list began eight weeks prior to the 350th
anniversary of The Diggers. They occupied land at
the end of the English Civil war with a noble
mission to make the earth 'a common treasury for
all'. In the spring of 1999 there were
celebrations to remember the Diggers vision and
their contribution to human freedom and what we
now call social justice. SNAPPER TASH, ON THE
HILL http://www.youtube..com/watch?v=FWk9rRJsk5I
THE LAND MAGAZINE Subscription is £24 for five
issues, single copies are £5 including postage
Published roughly every six months (Jan and June)
http://www.thelandmagazine.org.uk/ (incl. online
ordering with Paypal) Many articles online - and
downloaded with pictures as PDFs for free. All
enquiries gill at thelandmagazine.org.uk THE SCYTHE
SHOP (advertisement) There is a revival of
scything in the UK. Scything summer growth by
hand is usually quicker than using a strimmer,
and there is no noise, vibration or pollution.
http://www.thescytheshop.co.uk/ Die Pride and
Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of
dores: Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which
follows whores: Then England sit in rest; Thy
sorrows will have end; Thy Sons will live in
peace, and each will be a friend.
http://www.bilderberg.org/land/gift.htm Woe to
those who join house to house and field to field,
until there is no more room, and you are made to
dwell alone in the midst of the land. Yahweh of
heaven's armies has sworn in my hearing: 'Surely
many houses shall be desolate, large and
beautiful houses, without inhabitant.' Isaiah
5:8-9 http://www.lockdownsceptics.org