News from GreenNet

GreenNet Support support at gn.apc.org
Thu Apr 23 18:19:40 BST 2020

  GreenNet

*23 April 2020
*

      Dear GreenNet users,

We're writing to update you with a couple of pieces of helpful news.

GreenNet is working with campaigners and activists all over the world,
our team are based in 3 countries and we're in currently supporting
users in locations such as Zimbabwe, Uruguay, the Philippines and West
Papua, to name just a few, as well as across UK, Europe and North America.

In addition to the remote working tools that we mentioned in our last
update: https://www.greennet.org.uk/network/news/greennet-working-home-tools

  * We're really pleased to let you know that we have increased
    everyone's email inbox quota from 1GB to 2GB. We know that many of
    you are working from home these days, while others may not be
    checking email as often as usual, so we were able to do this after
    adjusting some of the disk partition allocations on our mail server.
    Also, please remember to empty your email trash folder periodically,
    as recently we saw that peoples' trash folders were taking up more
    than 10% of all disk space on our email server!

  * We've also opened up a free instance of video conferencing system
    Jitsi Meet: https://vc.greennet.org.uk. For the moment, we are not
    requiring any password or authentication to use this, it is open to
    all. (We may have to re-evaluate this over time, as Jitsi Meet can
    use huge amounts of server bandwidth.) Also note that Jitsi Meet
    works best in the Chrome or Chromium web browsers - though in most
    other cases we would recommend Firefox.

Please get in touch if you need any help getting your online space
together. We're planning to open up free access to some more comms tools
in coming weeks.

We've been keeping busy working from home these last few days, and it's
been great to hear from our users and friends on how you all are getting
on, we're taking care to keep ourselves safe and keep the network
buzzing, please take care and stay safe.

With best wishes from all at the GreenNet Collective,

Andrew, Cedric, Ed, Howard, Ian, Liz, & Marek

      GreenNet is the ethical Internet Service Provider that has been
      connecting people and groups who work for peace, the environment,
      gender equality and human rights since 1986.

We hope that you are happy to receive our newsletter. If not, simply
unsubscribe here
<http://mailman.greennet.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/greennet-l> and you
will not receive it in future.

GreenNet, The Green House, 244-254 Cambridge Heath Road, London E2 9DA.
Tel (UK): 0330 355 4011 Tel (int'l): +44 (0)330 355 4011
Email: info at gn.apc.org <mailto:info at gn.apc.org>