Server downtime Sunday 21st June 11pm BST

GreenNet User Support support at gn.apc.org
Fri Jun 19 18:27:51 BST 2020

  GreenNet

*19 June 2020
*

      Dear GreenNet users,

You may be aware that some of our servers have had some downtime over
the last couple of weeks. We identified a faulty power cable in our
server rack which has come loose on two occasions recently causing power
outages. We have purchased a new set of cables with positive locking
mechanisms to prevent similar problems occurring in future, which we
will install on Sunday 21st June. Most of our servers will need to be
briefly taken offline in order to replace each cable. We will begin this
work at 11pm BST on Sunday 21st June and estimate that it will be
completed by midnight.

Apologies for any disruption that this might cause, we are constantly
working to provide stable, reliable services. If you have any questions
about this downtime and affected services, please let us know and we'll
be happy to give you more information.

With best wishes from all at the GreenNet Collective,

Andrew, Cedric, Ed, Howard, Ian, Liz, & Marek

      GreenNet is the ethical Internet Service Provider that has been
      connecting people and groups who work for peace, the environment,
      gender equality and human rights since 1986.

We hope that you are happy to receive our newsletter. If not, simply
unsubscribe here
<http://mailman.greennet.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/greennet-l> and you
will not receive it in future.

GreenNet, The Green House, 244-254 Cambridge Heath Road, London E2 9DA.
Tel (UK): 0330 355 4011 Tel (int'l): +44 (0)330 355 4011
Email: info at gn.apc.org <mailto:info at gn.apc.org>