GreenNet Winter Newsletter

GreenNet Support support at gn.apc.org
Mon Dec 20 17:36:57 GMT 2021

GreenNet logo <http://www.gn.apc.org/>
*Dear GreenNet friends,*
*December 2021*

2021 has been another shocking year, full of surprises and challenges.

Our services have been operating normally. GreenNet phone lines are
diverting to staff when we are working at home, so please leave us a
message if we don't pick up immediately and we'll get back to you the
same day or the next day that the office is open.

For Christmas opening hours please skip <#opening> to the end of this
message.

      Office Move

We moved our office in Summer and are now located at Oxford House
<https://www.oxfordhouse.org.uk/> in Bethnal Green, just down the road
from the old place.

Our office move was entirely carried out by bicycle, thanks to the
amazing Pedalme <https://pedalme.co.uk/>.

      Connecting GN customers

We've been continuing to work on innovative ways to support our
customers during lockdown -
https://www.greennet.org.uk/network/news/greennet-working-home-tools
<https://www.greennet.org.uk/network/news/greennet-working-home-tools>.

We hope that you'll be staying safe this season and will be making use
of GreenNet connectivity to keep in touch remotely. You can use our free
Jitsi video chat at https://vc.greennet.org.uk/
<https://vc.greennet.org.uk>

      Faster and faster Broadband

We can now offer SoGEA and Fibre To The Premises broadband services
https://www.greennet.org.uk/internet-services/broadband/fibre-premises-broadband-80-mbps
<https://www.greennet.org.uk/internet-services/broadband/fibre-premises-broadband-80-mbps>
for people who want fast broadband service but don't need landline
telephone service.

SoGEA and Fibre To The Premises services are not available at all
locations, so please contact us with your address and postcode if you
are interested in these broadband services.

      Latest Services Update - Deflect

      We started partnering with eQualitie in 2021 to offer Deflect
      <https://deflect.ca> open source website security service which
      provides protection against DDOS and other online attacks

      Congratulations to Naturesave

      GreenNet customers (and insurers!) Naturesave achieved a milestone
      in 2021 of £1 Million donated to the Naturesave Trust since they
      started offereing ethical insurance
      https://www.naturesave.co.uk/naturesave-reaches-million-pound-charity-milestone/
      <https://www.naturesave.co.uk/naturesave-reaches-million-pound-charity-milestone/>

      New Services Status page

      We have created a new interface where you can check on the staus
      of various GreenNet services, at https://status.greennet.org.uk/
      <https://status.greennet.org.uk/>

      Web Projects

We've done some amazing web projects in 2021,collaborating with