GreenNet Winter Newsletter

GreenNet User Support support at gn.apc.org
Tue Dec 20 20:06:32 GMT 2022

GreenNet logo <http://www.gn.apc.org/>
*Dear GreenNet friends,*
*December 2022*

It's time for our annual GreenNet winter newsletter. We'd like to thank
you for your support over the last year and wish you a very merry
festive season. We've been busy this year, but if you just want to see
when our office is closed for the holidays, please skip <#opening> to
the end of this message.

      Welcome to GreenNet.Social!

We're pleased to announce that we have launched our own instance of
Mastodon. It is federated with the wider Mastodon decentralised social
network, and we're pleased to welcome GreenNet users to join us on this
alternative to Twitter.

You can sign up for free at https://greennet.social.

You can also link greennet.social <https://greennet.social> with your
twitter account using https://crossposter.greennet.social so you will be
able to post to your old twitter account from mastodon and never log
into corporate controlled social media ever again.

      #FreeAlaa

We at GreenNet add our voices to the urgent calls for Alaa Abd
el-Fattah’s freedom. In happier days Alaa helped GreenNet on website
projects, encouraging us to develop in Drupal. We’ve kept in contact
with his family through APC while his mistreatment at the hands of the
el-Sisi government (and previous governments) of Egypt has grown worse.

GreenNet collective members joined the vigils in London during and since
COP27. We are also deeply concerned for the welfare of Alaa's sister
Sanaa since she has bravely returned to Egypt during COP27, and for the
thousands of political prisoners and prisoners of conscience in Egypt.

Please support the campaign in any way you can at
https://freealaa.net/take-action. One easy action is to email your MP.

      Web Projects

  * Working with UNESCO, we built the online community for the UN
    Transforming Education Summit
    <https://transformingeducationsummit.sdg4education2030.org>.
  * We launched a design refresh for the Peace Pledge Union
    <https://ppu.org.uk>, working with Sarah Macbeth
    <http://sarahmacbeth.com>, in time for remembrance 2022
  * and we launched Stateless Journeys <https://statelessjourneys.org/>
    for ENS <https://statelessness.eu>'s 2022 campaign,
  * we also put together the Positive Learning Toolkit
    <https://positivelearning.unesco.org/> with UNESCO's IIEP, working
    with Wave <http://wave.coop>,
  * also collaborating with Wave <http://wave.coop>, we built and
    launched the CNCA's Non-negotiable campaign
    <https://non-negotiable.ca/> website

Find out more about our web projects at
https://www.greennet.org.uk/page/web-design-development

      GDPR bit

If you are on this mailing list you are an individual or organisation
GreenNet user or supporter, if you would like to check or amend your
details please let us know at dpo at gn.apc.org.

      Christmas Opening Hours

*The GreenNet office will be closed from 12.30pm on Friday 23rd December
2022 and will reopen fully on Tuesday 3rd January 2023.*

As always, we will be monitoring our servers throughout the festive
period. If you have an urgent query during this time, please send an
email to support at gn.apc.org <maito:support at gn.apc.org> or leave a
message on *0330 355 4011*. We'll respond as soon as we can.

Meanwhile don't forget to switch off your own devices (don't leave them
on standby) and have a lovely break!

        With all our best wishes for a peaceful and happy holiday,

Andrew, Cedric, Ed, Howard, Ian, Liz and Marek

	Christmas tree

          GreenNet is the ethical Internet Service Provider that has
          been connecting people and groups who work for peace, the
          environment, gender equality and human rights since 1986.

We hope that you are happy to receive our newsletter. If not, simply
unsubscribe here
<http://mailman.greennet.org.uk/mailman/options/greennet-l> and you will
not receive it in future. Previous years' newsletters can be read here
<http://mailman.greennet.org.uk/pipermail/greennet-l/>.

GreenNet, Oxford House, Derbyshire Street, London E2 6HG, UK
Phone: 0330 355 4011 Email: info at gn.apc.org Website:
http://www.greennet.org.uk

GreenNet Winter Newsletter