[Lac] Prep Com: Siguientes pasos

Angelica Abdallah aabdallah at aat-ar.org
Mon Mar 22 15:04:13 GMT 2004

por lo que se puede ver en
http://www.worldsummit2003.de/download_en/pv_wsis_bureau_20040315.rtf
la decisión de agregar nuevas familias al Bureau está en manos de la
plenaria.

......Continuity and Documentation
It was acknowledged that we are currently in a transition period where it is
important to make sure that there is no rupture. Hence, consultations are
important event if they happen on the net. To consider whether any families
need to be added to the CS Bureau is of the competency of the Plenary. The
Bureau in its present form should be able to continue until the first
PrepCom of phase 2. The announcement of the creation of a Trust Fund is an
important step forward, as it is impossible for CS to be well represented
without scholarships and coordination.
It was said that CS is now being fully recognized as an important actor. As
such, CS can build legitimacy for phase 2, a step which is important. The
structure developed in the WSIS process, can set a precedent for UN Summits
(CS Bureau, Plenary, Caucuses). For this reason and for reasons of
transparency, it is critical that the process is well documented.

otra parte del texto
Non-representation of some regions
Nnenna Nwakanma, of the African Civil Society, asked for advice. According
to her, the African civil society was underrepresented in the WSIS. Official
documents did include some African input, which however mostly came from the
African Diaspora and not the continental Africans. This observation, she
explained, had started a discussion in Geneva and had lead to a mobilization
early 2004. Now, a structure is being set up to have regional
representatives and national focal points for Africa.
Robert Guerra pointed out that Africa was not the only region with
challenges of representation. While the Latin American CS had been very
active in phase 1, there are some serious challenges, both linked to the
classification of countries such as Argentina and Mexico and the fact
language difficulties make participation quite difficult. Indeed, the
Tunisia official web site of the WSIS is only in French, English and Arabic,
but no Spanish. This language issue needs to be addressed.

Han visto la lista de estados que han colaborado con fondos para la cumbre?
....Canadá y Japón a la cabeza sino he leído mal.
Interesante.

cariños
angelica