KURD-A: ARGK Balance Sheet For Janu

root at newsdesk.aps.nl root at newsdesk.aps.nl
Tue Feb 7 02:28:11 GMT 1995

From: newsdesk at newsdesk.aps.nl (Newsdesk Amsterdam)
Subject: Re: KURD-A: ARGK Balance Sheet For January 1995

--------------- Forwarded from : Arm The Spirit <ats at etext.org> ----------------

Kurdistan Committee of Canada
2487 Kaladar Ave. Suite 203
Ottawa, Ontario
K1V 8B9 Canada

Tel: (613) 733-9634
Fax: (613) 733-0090

KURD-A Documentation
February 5, 1995

"69 Soldiers, 49 Village Guards, And 7 Counter-Guerrillas Killed"

     The press office of the ARGK in Botan has released press
statement #46, stating: "Our party, which held its 5th Congress
in 1994, which we called the Victory Congress, will reach its
highest point of victory by becoming a popular force in the
liberated areas." The ARGK press office also released the
following balance sheet for January 1995:

- In January 1995, a total of 56 different military actions were
carried out. During these actions, a total of 69 soldiers
(including 11 higher officers) were killed and 52 (including 2
higher officers) were wounded. (This does not include casualty
figures kept secret by the government.) The number of village
guards killed was 49 with 24 village guards wounded. 7 counter-
guerrillas were killed.

- In January 1995, 29 ARGK guerrillas were killed and 7 were
wounded. The wounded persons were treated as best as possible.
- During guerrilla actions in January 1995, the following
military hardware was confiscated from the Turkish army and
village guards: 7 Kalaschnikovs, 5 hunting rifles, 2 G3 rifles,
1,200 rounds of G3 ammunition, 6 mortar shells, 20 rounds of BKC
ammunition, 11 Kalaschnikov munition loaders, 7 GE munition
loaders, 6 hand grenades, 5 B7-rockets, 1 60-rocket, 2 MG3
additions, 1 battery, 10 bags of military supplies, 9 military
tents, 4 military vests, 1 tank of fuel, and various other
military items. Furthermore, 250 letters written by Turkish
soldiers were confiscated.

- In January, 10 military transporters, 1 jeep, 1 digger, 2
tractors, 2 helicopters, 1 bus, and 2 armoured cars were
destroyed by our guerrillas. There were also 3 pipelines, 1 power
pylon, and 7 telephone poles completely destroyed.

- 90 collaborators, who realized their own treason after the
actions of ARGK guerrillas, put down their weapons and
surrendered.

                * Activists Press Service (Newsdesk) *
                          newsdesk at aps.nl
                       !Power to the people!