[WSIS CS-Plenary] [governance] Post mortem and next steps on IG

Joe Baptista baptista at cynikal.net
Sun Oct 2 14:53:00 BST 2005

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, Jeanette Hofmann wrote:

> I agree with Victorio. As far as our diverging positions are concerned,
> we just do it like the governments. We become vague or refer to general
> principles were we disagree. I think the one aspect we probably all

Thats not an honest approach - is it?  Its only a make belive game.

> moving forward from the present unilateral regime. Control by one
> government could be replaced by a many-governments model or by a private
> non-governments model. When we asked Martin Boyle from the UK about the
> reasons why the EU chose the first, he asked back: Do you REALLY believe
> it would be possible to run the Internet without any government
> involvement? (this is non verbatim, I don't recall his exact words) I

Nonsense.  Mr. Boyle is most certainly wrong on that.  The internet has
survived very well thank you without governments and I assure all ere that
the final model will not have governments involved.  Unless of course they
finally get a clue. In which case their participation will be on an equal
footing with everyone else - whch is the way the Internet works - everyone
is included - thats the default protocol.

regards
joe baptista

Joe Baptista, Official Public-Root Representative and Lobbyist to the
United States Congress and Senate / Tel: +1 (202) 517-1593

Public-Root Disclosure Documents: http://www.cynikal.net/~baptista/P-R/