[WSIS CS-Plenary] WSIS Implementation Mechanism: Moderators/Facilitators Consultation Meeting 24 February 2006

Dr. Francis MUGUET muguet at mdpi.org
Sat Jan 28 08:48:22 GMT 2006

Hello

For information, seems to be new :

http://www.itu.int/wsis/implementation/index.html

Consultation Meeting of WSIS Action Lines Moderators/Facilitators

In line with para 108-109 of the Tunis Agenda for the Information
Society <http://www.itu.int/wsis/docs2/tunis/off/6rev1.html>, *ITU,
UNESCO and UNDP* are jointly organising a *consultation meeting of WSIS
Action Line Moderators/Facilitators, to take place in Geneva, on 24
February 2006, in the UN Palais des Nations, Room XXI (21). The meeting
will run from 10.00 – 13.00 and from 15.00 – 18.00 hours*. The meeting
is open to all WSIS stakeholders that are interested in contributing to
the multi-stakeholder teams for the action lines and in particular
acting as facilitators/moderators for WSIS Action Lines. English/French
interpretation will be available.

Best regards

Francis

PS :
Concerning the ITU reform, I am going add an item concerning
interoperability,
I am afraid to miss many other important points that I hope Jean-Louis,
Parminder
and other will take care. We wasted too much time, as Veni noticed,
with non-constructive discussions about the CSB,
whose usefull role cannot be denied as the WSIS executive secretariat
is maintained, and there is a need of a procedural
interface for CS participation to new implementation and follow-up
events and bodies.

Francis F. MUGUET Ph.D

MDPI Foundation Open Access Journals
Associate Publisher
http://www.mdpi.org   http://www.mdpi.net
muguet at mdpi.org       muguet at mdpi.net

ENSTA   Paris, France
KNIS lab.  Director
"Knowledge Networks & Information Society" (KNIS)
muguet at ensta.fr   http://www.ensta.fr/~muguet

World Summit On the Information Society (WSIS)
Civil Society Working Groups
Scientific Information :  http://www.wsis-si.org  chair
Patents & Copyrights   :  http://www.wsis-pct.org co-chair
Financing Mechanismns  :  http://www.wsis-finance.org web