[SGRupdate] SGR at Climate Emergency Forum - 7th Nov

Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) info at sgr.org.uk
Tue Nov 3 11:02:06 GMT 2009

Dear Friends

Dr Stuart Parkinson, SGR's Executive Director, will be giving a
presentation at the following event this Saturday.

He will be speaking in the second session on green jobs, focusing on the
shift from the military industrial economy to the low carbon economy,
following on from David Webb's presentation at the SGR Conference last
month (see http://www.sgr.org.uk/conferences.html).

With best wishes

Kate Maloney
SGR Office Manager.

Climate Emergency Copenhagen Public Forum

Saturday 7th November
12.00 noon – 6.00 pm
South Camden Community School, Charrington St, London

Round Table Plenaries:

     * 10% cuts by end 2010: the case for emergency action
     * Green Jobs Now – a million climate jobs by end 2010?
     * Decarbonising our transport fast – the way ahead
     * Copenhagen, the deal we need and the deal we’re likely to get

Free entry

Organised by the Campaign Against Climate Change

For further info:
http://www.campaigncc.org/