[SGRupdate] Job Vacancy: Administrator Martin Ryle Trust

Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) info at sgr.org.uk
Tue May 3 12:12:48 BST 2011

Administrator
Martin Ryle Trust

16 hours/month; £19,621 pro rata

Permanent (6 months probation)

The Martin Ryle Trust is seeking a new administrator to take over after
the planned retirement of its long-standing current administrator.

The Trust is a small but influential registered charity (no. 327946) that
funds projects promoting science, design and technology that contribute to
peace, social justice, and environmental sustainability. It works closely
with Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR), which is an independent
UK-based membership organisation of about 1000 natural and social
scientists, engineers, IT professionals and architects.

The Trust seeks a self-motivated and conscientious individual who can
administer the Trust's work and support the five Trustees. The
administrator’s main tasks are book-keeping, preparation of basic annual
accounts, and dealing with the Trust’s correspondence.

The post will include an initial period of familiarisation with the
accounting procedures in place, including a handover from the current
administrator, which we would expect to take around 3 months. The work
volume will average half a day a week but with peaks and troughs in the
workload through the year. We expect the successful candidate to be
familiar with the restrictions and requirements of charitable status.

The successful candidate will initially work from home. The Trust is
currently based in Folkestone, although we are planning to move it to
Lancaster during the next year. Hence, preference will be given to
applicants within reasonable travelling distance of Lancaster.

For more information on the Trust, see:
http://www.sgr.org.uk/pages/martin-ryle-trust

For more information on Scientists for Global Responsibility, see:
http://www.sgr.org.uk/

To obtain a full job description and person specification, please email:
<mrt at gn.apc.org>

To apply, please email a current CV (not more than 4 pages) to:
<mrt at gn.apc.org>