[SGRupdate] Recent SGR Activities

Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) info at sgr.org.uk
Fri Oct 7 13:44:37 BST 2011

Dear Friends

The next SGR Newsletter will be out soon, but a few of our recent
activities which happened after the copy deadline are listed below/  given
on our website.

With best wishes

Stuart Parkinson
Executive Director.

SGR Signs Charter on Recording Civilian Casualties

SGR has endorsed a new international initiative, the Charter for the
recognition of every casualty of armed violence.
http://www.sgr.org.uk/resources/sgr-signs-charter-recording-civilian-casualties

SGR Supports Joint Complaint to BBC over Fukushima Documentary

SGR has co-signed a letter of complaint to the BBC about bias in the  BBC2
Horizon programme, 'Is Nuclear Power Safe?'
http://www.sgr.org.uk/resources/sgr-supports-joint-complaint-bbc-over-fukushima-documentary

[We have also signed a joint letter complaining about similar
problems in the BBC1 programme, 'Bang goes the Theory' - more details
will be available soon].

Open Letter on SPICE Geoengineering Project

Open letter, co-ordinated by the ETC Group and signed by over 60
organisations including SGR, objecting to the Stratospheric Particle
Injection for Climate Engineering (SPICE) project.
http://www.sgr.org.uk/resources/open-letter-sp

Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) is an independent UK-based
organisation of scientists, architects, engineers, and technologists
promoting ethical science, design and technology.

Scientists for Global Responsibility
Ingles Manor
Castle Hill Avenue
Folkestone
CT20 2RD

Tel: 01303 851965
Mobile: 07771 883696
E-mail: info at sgr.org.uk
Web: http://www.sgr.org.uk

Help support SGR's work - join or donate online at
http://www.sgr.org.uk/join