[SGRupdate] Arms industry sponsorship of Edinburgh science festival

Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) info at sgr.org.uk
Fri Dec 13 12:28:22 GMT 2013

Dear friends and colleagues

Today, SGR has sent an open letter to the Director of the Edinburgh
International Science Festival criticising their sponsorship by major arms
company, Selex ES - details below.

To have an impact, we need lots more letters to be sent - especially by
scientists and engineers, and especially by people based in Scotland. Do use
the information in our letter and press release. Contact details for the
Festival and its Director can be found here:
http://www.sciencefestival.co.uk/about-us/staff
(and obviously, please use a measured tone)

Please let us have a copy of any replies you receive

many thanks in advance

Stuart Parkinson

---------
* Scientists criticise arms industry sponsorship of Edinburgh science festival

Press release, 13/12/13

Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) has today written to the organisers
of Edinburgh International Science Festival urging them to cut their financial
ties to major arms company, Selex ES.

To read the rest of the press release and open letter, see:
http://www.sgr.org.uk/resources/scientists-criticise-arms-industry-sponsorship-edinburgh-science-festival

------