[SGRupdate] Update on SGR activities

Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) info at sgr.org.uk
Fri Mar 28 16:48:35 GMT 2014

--------------

* Children learn about greener technologies and eco-living

SGR hosted a school visit here at our office and the surrounding
eco-development earlier today - see the press release:
http://www.sgr.org.uk/resources/children-learn-about-green-technologies-and-eco-living

* Science Festivals: how can we challenge the power of big business?

The first entry of SGR's new blog 'ResponsibleSci':
http://www.sgr.org.uk/resources/science-festivals-how-can-we-challenge-power-big-business

* Military R&D: Is it helping or hindering our security?

Slides from a presentation given by Dr Stuart Parkinson, SGR, at Lancaster
University in February:
http://www.sgr.org.uk/resources/military-rd-it-helping-or-hindering-our-security-feb-2014

* Conflicting opinions?

Dr Stuart Parkinson, SGR, will take part in a panel debate at Edinburgh
International Science Festival on military involvement in science and
technology - to take place on Friday 18 April - more details:
http://www.sgr.org.uk/events/conflicting-opinions

* SGR now has a YouTube channel!

You can view the presentations from the SGR conference - Security and
Sustainability - on this channel, via the links on the SGR conference page:
http://www.sgr.org.uk/events/security-and-sustainability-role-science-design-and-technology