[SGRupdate] Job vacancy at SGR

Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) info at sgr.org.uk
Tue Oct 21 10:14:48 BST 2014

--------

Vacancy at Scientists for Global Responsibility

* Office manager (maternity cover)

40% full-time equivalent (15 hours/week); £19,817 [SCP 22] pro rata

Temporary post for 12 months

Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) is seeking maternity cover for the
post of Office Manager within its Lancaster-based team.

SGR is a small but influential research and campaign organisation that
promotes science, design and technology that contribute to peace, social
justice, and environmental sustainability. It has a membership of about 900
natural and social scientists, engineers, IT professionals and architects.

We are seeking a self-motivated and conscientious individual to run our office
and support the organisation’s Executive Director, Stuart Parkinson. The main
tasks will include financial administration, maintaining the membership
database, assisting the Director to organise the annual conference, and
general office oversight. The post will include recruitment and management of
volunteers to assist with tasks such as postal mailings and administration.
The work pattern would be negotiable.

SGR is based at Halton Mill, an eco-renovated office space near Lancaster
(part of the award-winning Lancaster Cohousing project). For more information
on Scientists for Global Responsibility, see:
http://www.sgr.org.uk/

For further details of the post, including the full job description and person
specification, see:
http://www.sgr.org.uk/pages/vacancies

Closing date for applications:  3rd November 2014

We welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin,
gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All
applications will be considered on merit.