[SGRupdate] News from SGR - June 2016

Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) info at sgr.org.uk
Wed Jun 15 16:15:38 BST 2016

------------

News from Scientists for Global Responsibility - May 2016

------------

* In memory of Prof Sir Tom Kibble

SGR is deeply saddened by the death of Prof Sir Tom Kibble, the celebrated
physicist, nuclear disarmament campaigner and one of our long-standing
sponsors.

http://www.sgr.org.uk/resources/memory-prof-sir-tom-kibble

* Ocean acidification: a threat to life

Wiebina Heesterman examines the other threat from carbon dioxide emissions:
that of ocean acidification.

http://www.sgr.org.uk/resources/ocean-acidification-threat-life

* Time to reinvigorate global nuclear disarmament

After President Obama’s landmark visit to Hiroshima, we need concrete action
on disarmament, argues Dr Philip Webber, SGR.

http://www.sgr.org.uk/resources/time-reinvigorate-global-nuclear-disarmament

SGR - promoting ethical science, design and technology

Website: http://www.sgr.org.uk/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ResponsibleSci
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/responsiblesci
LinkedIn: