[SGRupdate] News from Scientists for Global Responsibility – July 2018. *Special: Take the AI Survey

Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) info at sgr.org.uk
Mon Jul 30 10:33:29 BST 2018

* Take the quick survey: Artificial intelligence - how little has to go wrong?

In advance of the SGR Responsible Science annual conference (see below), we
want to find out what members and friends of Scientists for Global
Responsibility think about issues concerning Artificial Intelligence. Will you
tell us what you think in our quick survey?

Do the survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeTjXAxbHg-dqXiUj_VkhXbumAqgm9RWbpqxqmcvO47ILwQOw/viewform?usp=sf_link

* Artificial intelligence: how little has to go wrong?
Autonomous weapons, driverless cars and friendly spies in the home

The Responsible Science conference - SGR’s annual conference, Saturday 3
November 2018

Is artificial intelligence evolving quicker than the regulation to manage it?
Are we sufficiently able to imagine what major problems may emerge, and can it
even be effectively regulated? This conference, with presentations and
interactive sessions will explore both obvious threats and more subtle ones.

Book for the conference:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/artificial-intelligence-how-little-has-to-go-wrong-tickets-48368169497

* Improving protection of the oceans

Significant progress on measures to protect the world’s oceans has been made
over the past couple of years - but there is more to be done. SGR's Dr Stuart
Parkinson and Dr Louisa Reynolds explain.

Read blog:
http://www.sgr.org.uk/resources/improving-protection-oceans

SGR - promoting ethical science, design and technology

Website: http://www.sgr.org.uk/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ResponsibleSci
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/responsiblesci
LinkedIn: