[diggers350] Re: Land ownership

mcstone.ancientmod. mcstone.ancientmod. at breathemail.net
Sat Aug 7 14:38:50 BST 1999

Hi Stephen,
Well you get the award for the most civilized and coolest definition of
civilization. Id
vote for you and your idealism, but somehow I dont think youll be standing
in any election that isnt already stitched up.

For the record I dont confuse public ownership with state-controlled land
but I find it difficult to recognise a distinction in police state britain
and I find it impossible to imagine how your utopia could come about.

The problem is your liberal use of the word 'we' and the association of the
whole idea with force.

Now for the history lesson. Since man first stood on two legs he has banded
together as tribes, there are all sorts of reasons for this but one common
thing with all tribes is a hierachical social structure.  The strong
dominate the weak. Its sad but the natural order of things.

Why should your revolution be any different from any of the others? One
brand of tyranny is always ultimately replaced by another. Id fully like to
see the social structure of this country turned on it's head but I cant see
it. When it does appear to happen it is an illusion (witness the three
english civil wars that resulted in the restoration of the monarchy).

So much for revolution, but land rights that is worth fighting for. I will
continue to draw a distinction between these ideals because I remain
unconvinced that there is any such thing as a genuine socially just
revolution, stick to land
rights where you are right on, revolutionaries just build castles in the
sky.

Salutations
Hengist