[diggers350] Ownership...ermm then what?

Gavin Parker Gavin.Parker at surrey.ac.uk
Tue Aug 10 09:25:01 BST 1999

So regardless of 'ownership'  ( how defined please) how will land be
regulated and used? This is what interests me most - landowners
are simply tenants -  lets change their tenancy agreement!

Some might find our terms unacceptable and prefer to sell up...but
of course if its played right no one will want to buy it except the
state or mutuals...

The word 'ownership' obscures many evils and pitfalls. I would go
as far as to say that it obstructs our thinking on land matters -
getting beyond such a mutable and amorphous concept is boxing
clever?

Gavin
Dr Gavin Parker
School of Management Studies