Fwd: Fuel Crisis

The Land Is Ours office at tlio.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 20:03:34 GMT 2000

>To: underc-post-grizwold at topica.com, UC at topica.com
>From: undercurrents alternative news <underc at gn.apc.org>
>Subject:  Fuel Crisis
>Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 09:33:08 -0800
>

>Fuel convoy:
>
>Rather than just looking at the immediate symptoms of the Fuel Crisis. It
>would be refreshing if a more overall look at the problem of this Nation's
>accute Fuel addiction were addressed. If you have an opportunity to do so,
>get some footage up on the Web or sent to us.
>
>We are keen to get accross the message that Motorists do not pay for the
>real cost of their Motoring  and would encourage the networking of the the
>web site www.realfuelcrisis.co.uk. We are keen to link to others if you
>could let us know.
>
>here is the information on the front page of the realfuelcrisis web site
>
>Wednesday 8th:
>THE CHANCELLOR'S PRE-BUDGET STATEMENT
>
>The Chancellor's pre-Budget Statement: see the T2000 message to Gordon Brown
>
>Local activists are encouraged to organise local photo-opportunities/press
>events either the day before, or the morning of the Chancellor's pre-budget
>statement (8th November). It would help if local groups of all
>organisations could inform Steve Hounsham, Transport 2000 press officer
>(020 7613 0743), about any local press events that you are planning, so
>that NGOs can build up a picture.
>

>Friday 10th
>Truckers' Convoy
>in
>JARROW, Middlesborough, Thirsk, York
>

>  Saturday 11th
>Truckers' Convoy
>in
>Leeds,
>Manchester
>

>  Sunday 12th
>Truckers' Convoy
>in
>Stafford, Wolverhampton, Birmingham
>
>Monday 13th:
>Coventry, Northampton, Milton Keynes
>
>CLIMATE SUMMIT in THE HAGUE begins Tuesday 14th:
>People's Fuel Lobby
>Mass Rally in Hyde Park
>
>  Friday - Saturday
>18th-19th
>CLIMATE SUMMIT in THE HAGUE demos
>
>Many thanks
>
>                         Undercurrents
>                         16b Cherwell Street
>                         Oxford OX4 1BG
>                         Britain
>                         Tel +44 (0)1865 203662
>                         Fax +44 (0)870 1316103
>                 A non-profit organisation reporting
>                 environmental and social change news worldwide
>                         http://www.undercurrents.org

>T O P I C A  http://www.topica.com/t/17
>Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Your Favorite Topics

The TLIO Networking Office

The Land Is Ours
... A Landrights movement for All

The Land Is Ours campaigns peacefully for access to the land, its resources
and the decision making processes affecting them, for everyone -
irrespecitive of race, age, or gender.

+44 (0)1865 722016
16B Cherwell St, OXFORD, OX4 1BG

check out our website at: <http://www.oneworld.org/tlio/>

or contact us at: <office at tlio.demon.co.uk>

TLIO are currently short on funds.  For a year's subscription for the
newsletter (3 times a year), we are asking for £3 per annum.  Please make
cheques payable to "The Land Is Ours".