Fwd: London 21 October 2000 Bulletin

The Land Is Ours office at tlio.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 20:09:50 GMT 2000

>From: "Keith Patton" <admin at london21.org>
>To: <keith at ethicalmedia.com>
>Subject: London 21 October 2000 Bulletin
>Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 15:05:22 -0000
>

>Hi everyone,
>
>It's been a while since the last mailing in July, so please find attached a
>list of forthcoming events, conferences, and campaigns.
>
>This includes conferences on ending world debt, transport and poverty,
>corporate power - who can we trsut?, the mayor's strategies, Legal Practice
>in the Millennium Year: Environmental Injustice equals to Human Rights
>Violations. New sites on climate change online action, electric tbuses for
>London, a new global warming solutions centre. And a campaign against a
>proposed Incinerator in Battersea or East London.
>
>The London 21 site will be changing soon to incorporate your feedback, and
>in particular, you will be able to browse the directory using a 'Yahoo'-like
>interface with relevant social and environmental categories. Also, the
>events calendar is being improved to allow easier retrieval and browsing of
>forthcoming events.
>
>Please keep the suggestions coming, and let us know of any events,
>conferences and campaigns that you would like us to publicise through the
>London 21 network.
>
>Lastly, here are this month's plugs!!
>
>New Economics Foundation website - www.neweconomics.org
>
>Maidstone Green Guide Online - www.mgg.org.uk
>
>Smartchange - www.smartchange.org - "smart solutions for social change"
>
>Ethical Media (mid-november) - www.ethicalmedia.com - ethical media
>solutions (London 21's web partners, evolving from Connective IT)

>----------
>
>Keith Patton
>Webmaster
>admin at london21.org
>
>1. ENDING WORLD DEBT
>Wednesday 1st November, 7.30 for 8pm
>'Ending World Debt, Is it all Talk?'
>Speakers: Ann Pettifor - Jubilee 2000,
>Jeremy Corbyn MP, Jessica Woodroffe -
>World Development Movement
>
>VENUE: St Luke's Church, Penn St, London, N7
>CONTACT for more information:
>e-mail p.pickard at unl.ac.uk
>tel    0171-607-2789 x 7006
>fax    0171-753-7009
>
>2. TRANSPORT AND POVERTY
>Thursday 2nd November,
>'Public Transport and Social Exclusion'
>Organised by the Centre for Independent Transport
>Research in London (CILT)
>Speaker: Juliet Solomon, University of North London
>Refreshments from 6pm, CILT AGM 6.30 to 7pm, speech from 7pm
>VENUE: Toynbee Hall, 28 Commercial Street, E1
>2 mins walk from Aldgate East tube (TRAVEL TIP ; if travelling eastbound
>use the platform exit nearest the back of the train)
>
>YOU NEED TO BOOK IN ADVANCE with David Hurdle
>telephone 020 7247 1302 or e-mail: cilt at dial.pipex.com
>
>3. CORPORATE POWER
>Wednesday 8th November, 7.30 for 8pm
>Who Can We Trust?
>David Sears - Oil Company Executive
> [...]

The TLIO Networking Office

The Land Is Ours
... A Landrights movement for All

The Land Is Ours campaigns peacefully for access to the land, its resources
and the decision making processes affecting them, for everyone -
irrespecitive of race, age, or gender.

+44 (0)1865 722016
16B Cherwell St, OXFORD, OX4 1BG

check out our website at: <http://www.oneworld.org/tlio/>

or contact us at: <office at tlio.demon.co.uk>

TLIO are currently short on funds.  For a year's subscription for the
newsletter (3 times a year), we are asking for £3 per annum.  Please make
cheques payable to "The Land Is Ours".