Fwd: Urban Forum Annual Conference

The Land Is Ours office at tlio.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 20:42:47 GMT 2000

>From: Alistair <Alistair at urbanforum.org.uk>
>Subject: Urban Forum Annual Conference
>Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:23:57 -0000
>

>URBAN FORUM ANNUAL CONFERENCE
>Sheffield 5th December 2000
>
>Communities Taking the Lead
>
>Conference Programme
>
>09.00           Registration
>09.30           Introductions           Shahid Malik            Urban
>Forum Chair
>09.35                                   Bob Kerslake    Chief Executive,
>Sheffield City Council JR
>09.45           Keynote Speaker Moira Wallace   Head of the Social
>Exclusion Unit JR
>10.15           Panel Discussion
>                                 Peter Hetherington The Guardian AS
>                                 RVSN JR
>                                 Paul Spooner Hull DOC AS
>                                 Bob Clark BTEG JR
>                                 Peter Lloyd Liverpool University JR
>
>11.15           BREAK
>
>11.45           MINI CONFERENCES
>         (A) Urban White Paper           Bryan Robson Mancherster
>University  AS
>                                 Genie Turton DETR AS
>                                 Peter Hetherington The Guardian (C) AS
>                 (B) New Deal for Communities    Jon Bright DETR  AS
>                                 Huma Farooqui Sitara AS
>                                 Paul Spooner Hull DOC (C) AS
>                 (C) Neighbourhood Renewal       Amanda Inverarity SCCD
>JR
>                                         Moira Wallace SEU JR
>                                 RVSN (C) JR
>                 (D) LSP/Community Strategies    Helen Goody LGA JR
>                                 Graham Partridge JR
>                                 Bob Clark BTEG (C) JR
>                 (E) RDAs and Regions            Judy Robinson GMCVO JR
>                                 Geoff Needham Yorkshire Forward JR
>                                 Peter Lloyd Liverpool University (C) JR
>
>13.00           LUNCH
>
>14.00           Workshops
>                 (1) Addressing the Gender Dimension in Regeneration -
>Sue Smith Oxfam AS
>                 (2) Benchmarking Community Participation in
>Regeneration- Pete Wilde COGS AS
>                         Pete Wilde of COGS will facilitate this workshop
>based on 'Active Partners' the framework developed by COGS for Yorkshire
>Forward, the RDA for Yorkshire and Humber.  The framework presents a
>series of benchmarks for good practice to enable effective community
>participation. While the benchmarks were specifically developed for
>implementation by SRB schemes they can also be adapted and applied in
>other community participation contexts. Following a short presentation
>to introduce the benchmarks there will be an opportunity for
>participants to consider ways in which the benchmarks might be used in
>their own areas of work.
>                                 (3) Conflict Resolution in Regeneration
>- Nik Trivedi Leicester Mediation AS
>                                 (4) Effective Partnership Working for
>Community and Voluntary Sector - Steve Smith NIF AS
>                 (5) Black Regional Voluntary Sector Networks - Michael
>Brown MEL Research AS
>                 (6) Health and Regeneration - Edna Robinson Stretford
>Health Action Zone JR
>                 (7) Local Compacts - Lis Pritchard NACVS JR
> [...]

The TLIO Networking Office

The Land Is Ours
... A Landrights movement for All

The Land Is Ours campaigns peacefully for access to the land, its resources
and the decision making processes affecting them, for everyone -
irrespecitive of race, age, or gender.

+44 (0)1865 722016
16B Cherwell St, OXFORD, OX4 1BG

check out our website at: <http://www.oneworld.org/tlio/>

or contact us at: <office at tlio.demon.co.uk>

TLIO are currently short on funds.  For a year's subscription for the
newsletter (3 times a year), we are asking for £3 per annum.  Please make
cheques payable to "The Land Is Ours".