Fwd: The Simultaneous Policy

The Land Is Ours office at tlio.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 20:43:25 GMT 2000

>From: "John Bunzl" <jbunzl at simpol.org>
>Subject: The Simultaneous Policy
>Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 17:47:08 -0000
>

>Dear Friends,
>
>We would be grateful if you would note the following press release
>announcing the launch of the International Simultaneous Policy
>Organisation (ISPO). Please use it in any newsletters you may publish,
>forward it to appropriate contacts, or use it in any other appropriate
>manner. We would also welcome your enquiries.
>Text follows:
>
>The Simultaneous Policy, a new international campaign to counter the
>forces of globalisation and international competition, has been launched
>in London. Based on the premise that all nations are subject to global
>competitive forces unleashed by the ability of capital and transnational
>corporations to cross national borders, no nation nor group of nations can
>control global capital nor can they implement vital economic, social or
>environmental policies that might incur market or corporate displeasure.
>To break the vicious circle of global competition, both between nations
>and between corporations, all nations need to act simultaneously by
>implementing the Simultaneous Policy (SP); a range of measures to
>re-regulate global markets and corporations in order to restore genuine
>democracy, environmental protection and peace around the world.
>
>Endorsed by Noam Chomsky, Helena Norberg-Hodge, Ed Mayo and many other
>leading ecologists, counter-economists, churchmen and journalists, SP
>recognises that party politics has become little more than a sham in which
>whatever party we elect, the policies delivered inevitably conform to
>market and corporate demands and to the dictatorship of competition. It
>calls upon peoples all over the world to come together to take policy out
>of the hands of politicians and, by force of their numbers and their
>votes, to compel political parties around the world to adopt SP. By
>transcending party-political differences and by offering a means that
>allows politicians and governments to adopt it without risking their
>respective ‘national interests’, SP claims to provide the long-awaited,
>coherent and practical solution to globalisation and other world problems.
>
>Based on a new book, "The Simultaneous Policy – An Insider’s Guide to
>Saving Humanity and the Planet" by John Bunzl, the International
>Simultaneous Policy Organisation (ISPO) has been established to campaign
>for the adoption of SP. Acclaimed as "the first writer on the ‘sustainable
>society’ to advance beyond rhetoric and grapple with the problem of how
>such a society might be achieved", the book crucially offers the blueprint
>for a secure and responsible transition from the existing paradigm of
>destructive, international economic competition to the new paradigm of
>global cooperation in which global economic, environmental and social
>problems can be solved.

> [...]

The TLIO Networking Office

The Land Is Ours
... A Landrights movement for All

The Land Is Ours campaigns peacefully for access to the land, its resources
and the decision making processes affecting them, for everyone -
irrespecitive of race, age, or gender.

+44 (0)1865 722016
16B Cherwell St, OXFORD, OX4 1BG

check out our website at: <http://www.oneworld.org/tlio/>

or contact us at: <office at tlio.demon.co.uk>

TLIO are currently short on funds.  For a year's subscription for the
newsletter (3 times a year), we are asking for £3 per annum.  Please make
cheques payable to "The Land Is Ours".