Fwd: IMF protest - Undercurrents Update 25th Sept

The Land Is Ours office at tlio.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 19:13:00 BST 2000

>To: underc-post-grizwold at topica.com, UC at topica.com
>From: undercurrents alternative news <underc at gn.apc.org>
>Subject: IMF protest - Undercurrents Update 25th Sept
>Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:37:38 -0700
>

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~undercurrents in prague~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Update from Prague : Monday 25th September 17:30
>

>Despite intense police harrassment - the Independent Media Centre has been
>laid seige by "SWAT team" style police and many journalists and activists
>have been detained on the border - the Undercurrents news team are braving
>the streets of Prague to bring you the news you won't see on the news.
>
>To view their exclusive footage, hear directly from the protesters
>themselves, and keep up with the latest action, check out
>
>http://www.undercurrents.org/praha/
>or
>http://prague.indymedia.org
>

>We are expecting the first encoded Videos to be uploaded in an hour or so.
>
>Tomorrow, Tueasday 26th - from 9pm Undercurrents is teaming up with Pirate
>TV and Seattle's legendary Studio X for comprehensive coverage of the
>international protests against the IMF, from Prague and across the globe.
>
>You can watch the events as they happen, as we broadcast live, transmitting
>video within minutes of the action and audio interviews straight from the
>streets to bring you a true picture of the gathering strength of global
>resistance.
>
>www.undercurrents.org/piratetv/
>
>Please Network this information.
>
>Why?
>
>"In the build up to the meetings, the mainstream media has demonised the
>use of direct action, concentrating solely on the sector of people intent
>on fighting with police or damaging property. What is being ignored are the
>tens of thousands of people blockading the conference using non-violent
>means. The press is intent on creating a climate of fear and ignorance.
>
>Undercurrents will be setting out to redress the balance and report on what
>direct action actually involves beyond the sensational headlines."
>
>Many thanks for your support.
>

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~undercurrents in prague~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>Update from Prague : Monday 25th September 17:30
>

>Despite intense police harrassment - the Independent Media Centre has been
>laid seige by "SWAT team" style police and many journalists and activists
>have been detained on the border - the Undercurrents news team are braving
>the streets of Prague to bring you the news you won't see on the news.
>
>To view their exclusive footage, hear directly from the protesters
>themselves, and keep up with the latest action, check out
>
>http://www.undercurrents.org/praha/
>or
>http://prague.indymedia.org
>

>We are expecting the first encoded Videos to be uploaded in an hour or so.
>
>Tomorrow, Tueasday 26th - from 9pm Undercurrents is teaming up with Pirate
>TV and Seattle's legendary Studio X for comprehensive coverage of the
> [...]

The TLIO Networking Office

The Land Is Ours
... A Landrights movement for All

The Land Is Ours campaigns peacefully for access to the land, its resources
and the decision making processes affecting them, for everyone -
irrespecitive of race, age, or gender.

+44 (0)1865 722016
16B Cherwell St, OXFORD, OX4 1BG

check out our website at: <http://www.oneworld.org/tlio/>

or contact us at: <office at tlio.demon.co.uk>

TLIO are currently short on funds.  For a year's subscription for the
newsletter (3 times a year), we are asking for £3 per annum.  Please make
cheques payable to "The Land Is Ours".