Community Action on Empty Homes

The Land Is Ours office at tlio.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 23:12:46 BST 2001

ubject: Community Action on Empty Homes

 > Do you live or work in a community concerned about empty homes ?
 > > There are 760,000 empty homes in England, 3/4 million people live in
 > > communities experiencing low demand for housing and falling house
 > > prices.
 > >
 > > Community Action on Empty Homes, a project of the Empty Homes Agency -
 > > national housing charity - supports community initiatves concerned
 > > with
 > > tackling empty homes and the associated stigma, crime and blight that
 > > go
 > > hand on hand with empty property.
 > >
 > > At this years national conference, the project is organising a
 > > workshop -
 > > Communities Tackling Empty Homes - where speakers will oultine some of
 > > the
 > > most innovative and successful  community led initiatives tackling
 > > empty
 > > homes from across England.  The workshop will focus on areas hit by
 > > low
 > > demand and falling house prices.
 > >
 > > It will include examples of; homesteading, rent- to - buy schemes, low
 > > cost
 > > housing and self-build renovation schemes.
 > >
 > > The project can offer a limited number of free places to community
 > > representatives involved in tackling empty homes in areas of low dmand
 > > or
 > > unpopular housing. If you would like more information please contact
 > > us. The
 > > conference takes place in Sheffield on Monday 14th May 2001.
 > >
 > > On a day to day basis, the project offers support, information and
 > > resources
 > > to community initiatives England wide, concerned with empty homes.
 > > Whether
 > > the issues are low demand, regeneration, homelessness, or lack of
 > > afforable
 > > housing.  To find out about tackling empty property in your community
 > > contact : Clare Mitchell, Community Action on Empty Homes.
 > >
 > > E-mail : clare at emptyhomes.com
 > > Telephone : 0207 828 6288
 > > Fax : 0207 828 6008
 > > Empty Homes Agency, 195 -197 Victoria St, London N42SU

The Land Is Ours
... A Landrights Movement for All

The Land Is Ours campaigns peacefully for access to the land, its resources
and the decision making processes affecting them, for everyone -
irrespecitive of race, age, or gender.

Postal address :
16B Cherwell St, OXFORD, OX4 1BG, England.
or contact us at:  office at tlio.demon.co.uk
Press enquiries :  0961 460171
website :  http://www.oneworld.org/tlio/

For a year's subscription for the TLIO  newsletter (3 times a year), we are
asking for £3 per annum.  Please make cheques payable to "The Land Is Ours".