Fw: Land taxation disaster in Japan

The Land Is Ours office at tlio.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 16 21:58:24 GMT 2001

>From: "Eri Nakajima" <eri.nakajima at linacre.oxford.ac.uk>
>To: <office at tlio.demon.co.uk>
>Subject: land taxation
>Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:38:42 -0000
>

>Dear The land is ours
>
>I am writing you to ask about land taxation and your activities.
>I work for Japan Ministry of Environment and now am studying in Oxford
>University temporary.
>I found your campaign in your website and find very interesting and
>stimulating.
>
>I myself have been involved environmental land use policy when I was in
>Japan and found verious kinds of problems in Japan land use policy
>concerning environmental protection.
>Above all, land taxation system in Japan leads to destruction of
>environment. Many forests and mountains are owned by private land owner
>and inheritence tax for forests and mountains are so high, many inheritors
>can not help selling inherited land which are converted int o
>develpment land. Many NGO and environmentalist have pointed out this
>problems for long time and tried to find out sollution but no improvement
>has been implemented so far.and There are other related issues concerning
>taxation system
>I myself try to find out new approach to combat this problems and would
>like to know UK or other countries' tax system of farms and forests land.
>Therefore I would be grateful if you suggest appropriate reading or
>publication concerning land taxation system or conservation system for
>tackling delopment pressure.
>
>I now live in Oxford and would like to visit your office to find out your
>campaign more and discuss Japanese problems.
>I am usually free in the morning this January and February, so I would be
>appriciated if you tell me the possibility of my visit and your
>convenience date.
>
>Sincerely yours
>

>  ERI NAKAJIMA
>Always happy and enviornmentally friendly!
>
>Address Linacre College Oxford UK OX1 3JA
>TEL      44-7930-400-802(from Japan)
>            01865-280024 ex21654(from UK)
>E-mail  <mailto:eri.nakajima at linacre.ox.ac.uk>eri.nakajima at linacre.ox.ac.uk
>           <mailto:eri-eco at uk2.so-net.com>eri-eco at uk2.so-net.com
>           <mailto:eri_nakajima at hotmail.com>eri_nakajima at hotmail.com
>
>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

The TLIO Networking Office

The Land Is Ours
... A Landrights movement for All

The Land Is Ours campaigns peacefully for access to the land, its resources
and the decision making processes affecting them, for everyone -
irrespecitive of race, age, or gender.

Postal address :
16B Cherwell St, OXFORD, OX4 1BG
or contact us at: <office at tlio.demon.co.uk>
Press enquiries :  0961 460171
website : <http://www.oneworld.org/tlio/>

For a year's subscription for the TLIO  newsletter (3 times a year), we are
asking for £3 per annum.  Please make cheques payable to "The Land Is Ours".