ONLINE ACTIONS AGAINST WTO CONFERENCE AND AFGHAN WAR

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Thu Nov 8 07:35:46 GMT 2001

- ----------  Forwarded Message  ----------
Subject: ONLINE ACTIONS AGAINST WTO CONFERENCE AND AFGHAN WAR
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 07:32:04 +0000
From: the electrohippie collective <ehippies at gn.apc.org>
To: ehippies at fraw.org.uk

**** PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY ****

ONLINE ACTION TO MARK THE WTO'S DOHA CONFERENCE IN QATAR, FRIDAY 9TH NOVEMBER
23.00GMT TO WEDNESDAY 14TH NOVEMBER...

** TO BE FOLLOWED BY MAJOR ANTI-WAR ACTION, 15TH NOVEMBER **

LOCATION: http://www.fraw.org.uk/ehippies/

To mark the WTO's Ministerial conference in Qatar, the electrohippie
collective are organising an online lobbying action of the EU and US trade
delegations, as well as the WTO itself.

We're asking ordinary people on the 'Net to send their comments on what they
think of more globalisation, in particular the proposals for the GATS
agreements.

The page is open NOW, and you can link to relevant sites on the WTO and
globalisation from there.

PLEASE NOTE -- VERY IMPORTANT

The WTO action is just a warm up -- and we're only really doing it because we
were asked to. The MAJOR action will be an anti-Afghan War action starting on
November 15th. This action will involve some really heavy tactics against the
US and UK governments in protest at the actions being taken in Afghanistan.

Full details of the action will be released on the 14th November -- but
please put November 16th in your diary as a day to spend time online in a
mass virtual protest!!

Peace and love,

the technical committee of
the electrohippie collective

- --------------------

'the electrohippies collective' --
spreading the philosophy and practice
of online activism in the UK and Europe

     "the banana is big, but the skin is bigger"

email - ehippies at gn.apc.org
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/ehippies/

- --
- -------------------

"We are not for names, nor men, nor titles of Government, nor are we for
this party nor against the other but we are for justice and mercy and
truth and peace and true freedom, that these may be exalted in our nation,
and that goodness, righteousness, meekness, temperance, peace and unity
with God, and with one another, that these things may abound."
(Edward Burroughs, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

Paul Mobbs, Mobbs' Environmental Investigations,

email - mobbsey at gn.apc.org
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mobbsey.html
public key - http://www.fraw.org.uk/keylist.html