job opportunity

Toby Blume evnuk at gaia.org
Tue Feb 11 18:11:30 GMT 2003

hi there

forgive the informal email but i wanted to let you know that Groundswell is
seeking to recruit a network development worker. jobs at groundswell dont
come up very often and it's such a great place to work (honestly it is!)
that we know lots of you will know people who may be interested.

the job involves running our grants programmes, developing our social
business programme, supporting self help groups around the uk and
co-ordinating our exchange programme.

attached is further information on what we're looking for in word & pdf format.

for more information please contact groundswell. there will be adverts in
the next couple of weeks and application forms will be available on the
website by the beginning of next week (or from the office).

please pass on this information to anyone you think may be interested in
the post.

thanks and sorry for the mass emailing but we are obviously keen to let
people know about the post.

all the best

toby

ps for anyone who's wondering...kara's leaving do will be on tuesday 11th
march (venue to be confirmed) and she's going to work at UnLtd!

--
Toby Blume

Groundswell UK
Elmfield House
5 Stockwell Mews
London SW9 9GX

Tel     020 7737 5500
Fax     020 7733 1305

www.groundswell.org.uk

  Want to work at Groundswell?

Do you see homeless and excluded people as a problem or part of the solution?

Network development worker
Salary c.£24,000 (including inner London weighting) + 5% non-contributory
pension
5 weeks holiday + statutory holidays + Christmas break

We need an enthusiastic and dynamic person with excellent communication
skills to work within a small team having a big impact. You should enjoy
being involved in a wide range of activities, working with people and be
committed to achieving positive social change.

you will:
? Coordinate our grants programme
? Develop our new social business programme
? Support self-help groups and encourage homeless-led projects
? Manage our horizontal exchange programme
? Help support the resource development needs of groups run by or involving
excluded people
? Assist the rest of the team in organising networking events, producing
publications and other Groundswell projects.

about Groundswell
Groundswell UK is a national charity that supports a network of people and
projects who are committed to inclusive approaches to tackling
homelessness, poverty and exclusion. We provide a wide range of services
and activities designed to support groups and individuals who share our
beliefs.

Groundswell aims to:
? Work with people who have experienced homelessness, poverty or exclusion
to set up and run projects to help themselves and others achieve their goals
? Encourage service providers to recognise and use the skills and expertise
of people who access their services
? Create opportunities for people to influence the decisions which affect
their lives.

This is a fixed-term contract until January 2005
Deadline for completed applications is Friday 14th March 2003

For an application pack and further information:
Groundswell, Elmfield House, 5 Stockwell Mews, London SW9 9GX
(020) 7737 5500
jobs at groundswell.org.uk
  www.groundswell.org.uk
This post is funded by a grant from ????????

Groundswell aims to be an equal opportunity employer and under represented
groups are positively encouraged to apply
Groundswell Network Support UK is a registered charity no. 1089987

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

ECOVILLAGE GUIDE BOOKS - available (postage included) from
http://www.eco-logicbooks.com
Mulberry House, 19 Maple Grove, Bath, BA2 3AF - 01225 484472
UK > 'Diggers and Dreamers' - Annual directory of UK Communities - £6.00
EUROPE > 'Eurotopia' - Directory of Intentional Communities and Ecovillages
in Europe - £15.00

ECOVILLAGE NETWORK UK (that's us!) - http://www.ecovillages.org/uk/network/
Populating the rhetoric of rural sustainability
Volunteers: Russ Curgenven, Tony Gosling, Pam Norris, Joyce Kallevick.
PO Box 1410, Bristol, BS99 3JP
Tel: 0117 373 0346
evnuk at gaia.org

CHAPTER 7 - http://www.tlio.org.uk/chapter7/
The UK's Rural Sustainable Settlement Planning Campaign
'Chapter 7 News' - 16-20pp. quarterly - £2.00 ea. £7.00 per annum sub. from
The Potato Store, Flaxdrayton Farm, South Petherton, Somerset, TA13
chapter7 at tlio.demon.co.uk
01460 249204

PERMACULTURE ASSOCIATION UK - http://www.permaculture.org.uk
Supports individuals, projects and groups working with permaculture in Britain
Third Floor Studios, 6 Carr Mills, 322 Meanwood Road, Leeds, West
Yorkshire, LS7 2HY
office at permaculture.org.uk
Tel/Fax: 07041 390170 and 0113 262 1718

WWOOF - http://www.wwoof.org/wuk0.html
Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms
Join WWOOF, do some work, stay for free. Membership includes directory
PO Box 2675, Lewes, Sussex, BN7 1RB
fran at wwoof.org

DIGGERS AND DREAMERS - http://www.diggersanddreamers.org.uk
Diggers & Dreamers, a UK guide to communal living for more than 10 years
c/o Edge of Time Ltd, BCM Edge, London, WC1N 3XX, UK
info at diggersanddreamers.org.uk
07000 780536

LOW-IMPACT NEWS - http://www.lowimpactnews.org.uk
The seasonal magazine for and about UK ecovillages
Subscription: £5 unwaged - £10 low paid - £15 reasonable job/institution -
per year
Cheque payable to Low Impact News, Dickie's meadow, New House Cottage,
Sandy Lane, Accrington, BB5 2DH, UK
01324 222479

GROUNDSWELL - http://www.groundswell.org.uk
Promoting and developing self-help initiatives with the homeless

U.K. COHOUSING NETWORK - http://www.cohousing.co.uk/
Sharing expertise and experience amongst the U.K. cohousing groups.

FOREST SCHOOL CAMPS - http://www.fsc.org.uk/about.htm
Camps for kids to get back to nature with the minimum of authority.

EUROPEAN FUNDING - http://europa.eu.int/comm/environment/funding/intro_en.htm

GLOBAL ECOVILLAGE NETWORK, EUROPEAN OFFICE - http://www.gen-europe.org/
Via Torri Superiore 5, 18039 Ventimiglia, Italy - info at gen-europe.org -
0039 0184 2155 04