Tony & Jane roundhouse latest

Gerrard Winstanley evnuk at gaia.org
Wed Feb 16 17:29:20 GMT 2005

Taken from the section "2005, news, events and updates" on Tony
Wrench's website http://www.thatroundhouse.info

UPDATE Feb 12th 2005

We have received a letter from the Carmarthen County Court to say
that, upon reading letters from both sides, the court orders us to
appear at a Case Management Conference on April 26th. We take this to
mean that our letters to the court following the National Park's
absurd bundle of papers sent to all the hut dwellers here just before
Christmas (see 2004 reports) was successful and the ball is now in
the long grass.

We have also heard that the inspector hearing Caroline Barry's appeal
for the erection of her 'temporary' timber, strawbale and cordwood
dwelling in Butleigh, Somerset, has granted her appeal. The
permission is temporary in that it is linked to her personal
occupation, so she can live there for life. What swayed it for the
inspector was that the only damage the Council could claim she was
doing, since it is a low impact permaculture holding, was that it was
against policy and could create a precedent. Destroying her home,
however, would be a huge interference with her human rights. So he
granted her appeal. I recommend that Paul Cooper, the Park's
barrister, study this judgement, because our case is almost
identical. We would be quite happy to have a personal permission on
this roundhouse. We would not be able to sell it, and would have to
take it down if we left it. That would be fine. How about it, Paul?
Recommend to Ms Milner and co. that they go for a draw. Stop wasting
public money.

If you agree, dear reader, please feel free to tell the Development
Control Officer so on her email -
cathym at pembrokeshirecoast.org.uk