[diggers350] Re: Build new homes on fields / Housing density rising

chris morton krjz at mac.com
Wed Jun 29 17:45:43 BST 2005

Don't despair Dave.

At present 99 wrong things happen for every 1 right thing (probably
always have done), but that is no reason against doing the right thing
on a small scale.

The few small victories for real eco-communities and their continuation
strengthen the base of what needs doing and demonstrate how. Getting
large numbers of people following is more difficult, but the more
people the Govt upsets, the more there are to set up rural eco
dwellings irrespective of the law.

It seems pretty obvious that as the disasters of free-trade economics
and its unfettered pollution come home to roost, cities will become
de-facto uninhabitable; most of what is produced in them is inedible,
the clothing produced impractical and the shelter provided far too
densely packed.

The only trouble is that, as always, the rich will be able to buy their
way out and the poor confused into fighting among each other for the
scraps.

Chris
(I have a longer essay on theme if you are interested)