City-Countryside project meeting ( London )

Gerrard Winstanley office at evnuk.org.uk
Mon Oct 24 17:23:46 BST 2005

Sustainable Rural Community Project

Many activists around in london, have at one time or another expressed
an interest in setting up a sustainable, rural community.

This is a face-to-face forum to try and put those people in contact
with each other and to share ideas, visions and experience.

Forming a community is a process involving people with a common
vision; this isn't going to happen in one meeting.

The range of communities which exist in the UK, (over 200) are as
varied as the people who created them.

This is a meeting to discuss our commonalities and to help each other
realise our dreams.

Potential discussion includes:-
- Types of communities
- Planning law/ self-build/eco-housing;
- Setting up a housing co-op:visions;
- Funding;
- Existing communities-what they do;
- Resources/networking;
- Social/domestic issues and conflict:
- Community -where, who and why: sustaining a community.

We would also like to invite people who have knowledge and/or
experience in areas relating to setting up a community and social/
financial models who are not necessarily thinking of joining one!

This is a DIY meeting, so please bring along ideas for discuss and
info. resources to share.

Online discussion hase been going on at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/communityforum_/
join by sending a blank email to