Wind turbine project

eleanor hoad eleanorhoad at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 18 12:34:13 GMT 2006

I am working on a wind turbine project at Primrose community primary school
in Kings Norton, Birmingham. The school has a variety of eco projects on the
go and they have just won a soil association award for their garden projects
and organic school meals.

The school is just about to have installed a full size wind turbine in the
grounds. As well as generating electricity which will be sold back to the
grid, the turbine provides a large and very visual symbol to the whole
community about renewable energy. We are keen that local people, including
children at the school and their families, have the opportunity to find out
more about the turbine, how it works and why it is important to use
renewable energy. We want to put the turbine into context and have the
opportunity to discuss the bigger picture in terms of energy.

I am organising a series of 4 assemblies at the school with guest speakers.

Assemblies will run for 30-45 minutes at the end of the school day (2.15 or
2.30 to 3pm).

I am looking for people, preferably with experience of working with Primary
School age children, to talk about alternative energy in an exciting and
engaging way in these assemblies. The talk could be about a project you have
been involved with, it could be about how wind turbines work or something
related. There is a fee available of £100 per assembly.

If you think this sounds like something you would like to do or if you know
anyone who you think would be suitable give me a call on 07974 934 917.

The potential dates for the assemblies at the moment are: Monday 22nd Jan,
Tuesday 23rd Jan, Monday 29th Jan, Friday 2nd Feb, Monday 5th Feb and
Thursday 8th Feb 2007.

If there is any chance of a reply before the christmas break that would be
really helpful as I am keen to get things booked in.

Thanks for your help

best wishes

Eleanor Hoad

07974 934917