[diggers350] an assembly can stop the landscam

Fran Ryan Fran at peopleincharge.co.uk
Thu May 24 12:56:13 BST 2007

Thanks for your research.
This is why we need to get Community Land Trusts off the ground. In this
way the land is owned (and managed) in perpetuity by local people.
(Under current legislation) it can never be sold on the speculative
market. By using this mechanism the cost of houses can be halved thus
making them affordable and KEEPING THEM AFFORDABLE. And this makes it
possible for young people to stay local, it helps our schools and local
shops, it helps keep communities alive and sustainable.

If there is any land anywhere near you that could be developed for the
local community then go to it! There are at least a dozen small groups,
some with land already  trying to make this happen in England. Several
in Wales as well and lots in Scotland where the Scottish Assembly have
shown the way by changing the law and setting up a fund to support land
purchase by local groups.

Here are some links;
http://www.communitylandtrust.org.uk
www.oclt.org.uk