Two weeks to save Big Green Gathering

Tony Gosling tony at tlio.org.uk
Fri Nov 16 18:56:29 GMT 2007

please circulate far and wide

Hurry Hurry Hurry - only 2 weeks left to save the BGG
http://www.big-green-gathering.com/index.php?pageid=235

The rescue of the Big Green Gathering got off to a flying start, with over
£10,000 in donations, new share capital and pledges coming in during the
first week, but income has slowed down since, and we have to increase that
momentum if we are to reach our immediate target of raising £100,000 by the
time of our Annual General Meeting on 24th November.

While we must give a huge and grateful 'thank you' to all those who have
replied so far, we need to redouble our efforts in the coming weeks.
We have raised around £20,000 so far, and we are expecting more from our
Bristol benefit gig on Nov. 17th and our on-line auction, but we have to at
least double that by the AGM, and carry on fund-raising through the winter,
for our survival plan to look credible.

Please don't make the mistake of thinking that the worst can't possibly
happen - if we don't get very much closer to our target in the next three
weeks, it will be impossible to carry on, and the BGG company will have to
go into liquidation. There is still time to prevent this happening, and
together we can do it. But if we are to succeed, now is the time for all
those who love and value the Big Green Gathering to dig deep and put their
money in the pot.

"BGG Rescue Fund" established

A separate, ring-fenced fund has been set up for people who want to donate
to the cause, whilst having their donations safeguarded against the
possibility of legal action being taken to have the Big Green Gathering Co.
Ltd. compulsorily wound up at or before our AGM in November. This fund will
not be available to the existing BGG Co. board, and will hold donations in
trust on behalf of donors until the company's AGM, when shareholders will
have to decide whether sufficient has been raised to enable the company to
carry on in business, or whether it should go into voluntary liquidation.
Signatories and trustees of this fund are two former BGG directors - Anne
Waterhouse (who was a co-founder of the company in 1994 and served as a
director until her retirement in 2000) and Jean Vidler (a director from
1996 to 2004) - together with Brigit Strawbridge (star of BBC TV show "It's
Not Easy Being Green" and a big BGG fan).

Celebrity auction

One of our first offers of help came from Fleet Street astrologer and
regular BGG attender, Jonathan Cainer, who will be auctioning a personal
astrology reading. He very seldom does personal readings, and tells us that
the last time he auctioned one (for Children In Need) it raised £5,000.

Jonathan's offer has inspired us to look for other items to auction, and
Glastonbury Festival organiser Michael Eavis has responded with two tickets
for the forthcoming Glastonbury Extravaganza. Amongst other items so far
donated are a Weekend in Tipi Valley, West Wales, three autographed books
by Green guru and campaigner George Monbiot, a wind turbine, a solar panel,
and subscriptions to Permaculture magazine, Resurgence and the Ecologist..

For the full list and further details, click here. Any further offers will
be gratefully received by kerry at big-green-gathering.com

Benefit concerts

BGG Entertainments Co-ordinator Zora Bride is organising an all-nighter
benefit concert in Bristol on November 17th, with an all-star line-up. For
more details click here.
We have had the date and venue confirmed for a London fund-raising gig.
This will take place on December 8th (the night after the Climate Change
March) at a brand new venue, Climate of Change, which is in Union Street,
London SE1 0LR, very close to the Tate Modern. Details of line-up etc. are
now being finalised, and will be posted here soon.
We are also planning another gig in the Glastonbury area,  and have been
contacted by suporters keen to organise further gigs in Totnes and
Edinburgh.

Music down-loads

We are currently preparing exclusive live recordings of some of the best
bands who played at this year's BGG, so that they can be made available for
down-loading in MP3 format from our website shop.

All the work to set this up is being donated, and it will be yet another
way for people to contribute to our survival and recovery.

We also have recordings of many of the talks, workshops and discussions
which took place at this year's event, and are investigating ways of making
these available, either through the website or on CD.

With all this and more going on, we are still confident of meeting our
target and bouncing back by the end of November - but we've still only got
20% of the way so far, so it all depends on your continuing support to get
us there!

--
www.radio4all.net/index.php?op=producer-info&uid=2149
"Capitalism is institutionalised bribery" [ed.]

All emails are 'cleartext' to the NSA.
http://www.nsa.gov

Jesus of Nazareth - our teacher.
http://www.bilderberg.org/trib.htm

All facts, no theory. Proofs of a conspiracy.
http://www.bilderberg.org/lucis.htm

My monthlyish e-bulletin
Check it  http://www.bilderberg.org/pepis06.htm
Join it  blank email to  PEPIS-subscribe at googlegroups.com