[diggers350] 'Estate agents' offer empty homes for squatrers

suburbanstudio at runbox.com suburbanstudio at runbox.com
Tue Apr 29 08:51:42 BST 2008

A bit more background in regard the article
on the Daily "Cry" ...

During the opening of the squatters estate agents at the
new Shoreditch / London squatted social centre,
(http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2008/04/396097.html)
 a very curious guy came along. He was asking many questions
and information beacuse - he said -he wanted to find
a squat for himself...

The day after, the same guy turn up, with a much better dress
and an NUJ card... he his saying to be a journalist for the
Daily Mail and want to do an article about the squatters estate
agent.  The answer was clear from our side.

We were not interested to collaborate with a journalist we did not
know, and in particularly for the the Daily Mail.......

Finally the article appeared on the Mail on Sunday, together with
detailed pictures of the building and the "estate agent"...

I guess now, the question to Miles Goslett, and to the NUJ is...
Why had he to cover up his identity coming along to the social centre
pretending to be a squatter ?