[diggers350] The U.S. Role in Haiti's Food Riots

Alan Hill awhill at globalnet.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 22:18:21 BST 2008

One of the most disgusting aspects of the world food crisis, well
exemplified in the instance of rice, is how the rising price of staple foods becomes a golden opportunity for speculators to make huge profits by buying and hoarding foodstuffs in the expectation of rising trading prices on the world's exchanges - the futures market in foodstuffs is the golden goose for current speculation. How on earth do we live in a world where some people can make massive profits out of such misery for so many others?

Alan Hill

[Thanks Alan. Could parts of the British establishment be behind this? The evil spirit of the Irish potato famine is on the rise again - ed.]