[diggers350] Planning row - Taunton bungalow demolished today

Simon Fairlie chapter7 at tlio.org.uk
Tue Nov 25 20:36:43 GMT 2008

I think its a bit out of order to call the planners "anonymous
faceless zombies" when there  is no evidence , other than the
complaints from  the people evicted, that the planners have done
anything out of order.

If there is a condition requiring the Gosbee's to demolish the first
house, in exchange for the new one,  then they have made a
speculative profit by selling off the new permission and staying in
the original one,  and it is quite correct for the planners to
require its demolition. What else are they supposed to do? Allow this
kind of  speculation to continue, and be copied by other people?

It is entirely possible that the Gosbee's have been messed around by
the council — it certainly  does happen that councils force
demolitions for unjustifiable reasons— but there is no evidence
presented here to show that that is what has happened.

Simon