Invitation for Consultation : Our Next Milestone after Janadesh Foot March

Massimo A. Allamandola suburbanstudio at runbox.com
Wed Sep 24 22:58:04 BST 2008

Some news from India, after the Janadesh foot march last year...

The campaign has three specific demands around land reform. These are:

    * Establishment of a National Land Authority to provide a clear
statement of land utilization in India, identify the lands available for
redistribution and strengthen pro-poor laws
    * Establishment of fast track courts to settle past and future
conflicts related to land
    * Establishment of a single window system so that farmers can
resolve easily and freely the land issues, without wasting time, money
and energy