C.R.A.S.H: A post capitalist A to Z

Mark mark at tlio.org.uk
Sun Mar 8 19:49:50 GMT 2009

From:    "John Jordan" <John at labofii.net>
Date:    Sun, March 8, 2009 1:21 pm

The Laboratory of Insurrectionary Imagination presents:

C.R.A.S.H: A post capitalist A to Z

Take part in a free course combining art, activism and permaculture
or get paid to actively imagine a postcapitalist world !

We are looking into an unprecedented abyss of economic and social
turmoil that confounds our previous perceptions of historical risk.
Our vertigo is intensified by our ignorance of the depth of the
crisis or any sense of how far we might ultimately fall.

Mike Davis, Historian and social commentator.

The Laboratory of Insurrectionary Imagination is a network of
socially engaged artists and activists whose work falls in between
resistance and creativity, culture and politics, art and life. We are
inviting creative resisters, unemployed workers and art activists to
take part in our latest project - C.R.A.S.H: A post capitalist A to
Z  - in London’s financial district in June 2009.

As we accelerate towards the collapse of our ecological life support
systems and suffer the consequences of reckless economic fantasies,
the question of what our future could look like has never been more
vital. This June the Laboratory of Insurrectionary Imagination will
be experimenting with radical sustainable alternatives to the
ecological and economic crisis in the symbolic heart of the
capitalist system. We are inviting you to either participate in the
course and/or apply for one of the £500 intervention commissions.

C.R.A.S.H contains two parts: 1)  C.R.A.S.H Course  is free two week
long (1-14 June) intensive training combining permaculture design,
art activist tactics and skills for building radically ecological and
deeply democratic communities. 2) C.R.A.S.H Culture is a week
(17-21st June) of commissioned actions, street art, skill-share
performance lectures and interventions across the City and a nightly
promenade performance in an abandoned office block.

C.R.A.S.H is part of  “2 degrees” Artadmin’s festival of art and
climate change.

To Download more information and an application go to http://
labofii.net/experiments/crash/

You can apply for both the course and the commissions Deadline for
applications is Friday April 3rd

Please forward to your networks...

"As if individual speculators were to be allowed to export the clouds
out of the sky, or the stars out of the firmament, one by one. We
shall be reduced to gnaw the very crust of the earth for nutriment."

Henry David Thoreau, The Maine Woods 1864

our latest project www.utopias.eu

DON'T MISS FINANCIAL FOOLS DAY ! 1st April CLIMATE CAMP IN THE CITY
OF LONDON - http://climatecamp.org.uk