Phoenix - video report from Raven's Ait squatted island

Gerrard Winstanley tony at tlio.org.uk
Sat Mar 21 22:02:01 GMT 2009

Recorded earlier today
Invitation to the Eco-Forum and Conference Centre on the Thames
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bmy27pBJfc

We have set up an Eco-Conference centre on Raven's Ait island. We invite you to come and stay to provide support to the community with your skill-sharing, workshops, and talks.
The local council, Kingston-upon-Thames, is attempting to evict our environmental climate group so they can sell this very historic site and wildlife sanctuary as surplus distressed asset for a hotel build. It is supposed to be used by the local council for the local\people but is being effectivlly privatised.
We are calling for debate, discussion and action for our earth.
We need you all to save the camp. We are on the island preparing to\ present a peaceful platform of the top questions to the leaders of the G20 meeting this April 1st in London and also for the Copenhagen Climate Summitt in December 2009.
We are developing sustainability, education, community, workshops, direct action, environmental cinema and study actions to find a stable platform for a more unified environmental and social justice movement.
The island was home to a peace treaty in 1217 that gave full rights to the English people, brought peace in England and led to the establishment of Magna Carta which had been written but not confirmed. Raven's Ait is a historic site and was declared commons and public lands. This council has no idea of its importance and just wants to sell it off for a quick profit.

http://www.ravensait.org.uk
http://www.tlio.org.uk

see also
Citizen's Land Security Bill