19-22 Nov Hackney squat activities

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Tue Nov 10 23:58:59 GMT 2009

19th - 22nd November 2009
@ 195 Mare Street, Hackney

Moving out of the new and into the old: There aint long before the newest
half of this beautiful building will be demolished so let's make the most
of it whilst we still can. Come and be part of creating a temporary
autonomous performance space and community resource.

Line-up of events thus far;
- Thursday 19th: 17:00 ­ 21:00 the Grand Opening & Art Exhibition
- Friday 20th: 18:00 ­ 22:00 “Who Can Do What?” Sing a song, read a poem
or ride a unicycle whilst juggling knives... whatever your capabilities or
desires come perform on our open stage.
- Saturday 21st: 12:00 onwards a day of workshops, discussions, films and
performance culminating with a pantomime @ 19:00
- Sunday 22nd: 14:00 ­ 20:00 an afternoon of live music on stage

The building is child friendly and we hope to have a kids space for the
weekend.

Food will hopefully be prepared each day so come help skip, cook and eat!

Active participants, not passive consumers: This is an open project so
feel free to come get involved in any aspect; suggest a workshop, paint a
wall, hammer a nail, or anything else of that nature.. simply drop by
sometime or email us: boardsofhackney at safe-mail.net.

There will be a get together on Saturday 14th for all of those who would
like to be involved in costumes, set design and acting in the pantomime.

The ground floor is wheelchair accessible but the toilets are not.

Take care and hopefully see you soon

:)